japanese fabric and what to do with it!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Lou30/07/2010 16:00:09
68 forum posts
19 photos
Hi Girls

Hope you're all ok?

I went to Liberty's last year and brought some fab fabric.  Its japanese rayon chirimen crepe.  i've got 6 pieces that are about 8.5" x 6.5" and a piece that's slightly bigger, all in co-ordinating pinks.

BUT, i don't know what to do with it, or how to handle it!  its so flimsy and delicate, i'm not sure even how to sew it!!

If you have any ideas, they would be appreciated!

Lots of love

lou
xxx

Edited By louise a'barrow on 30/07/2010 16:01:50

Caz30/07/2010 16:19:30
2545 forum posts
273 photos
Looks lovely fabric, Lou. But no ideas - sorry!

Caz
Kimberly30/07/2010 16:32:47
1145 forum posts
165 photos
1 articles
is it like chiffon, or just flimsy? I used iron in veline on some flimsy fabric not too long ago. It made it perfect to sew into a quilt. So that might help you! It is beautiful, I'd have bought it too.
 Btw, are you coming to the FoQ?
Kim
Sylvia30/07/2010 17:02:02
2218 forum posts
376 photos
Hi Louise
I can  feel those beautiful fabrics just by looking at the photo.  You have to make something really luscious with them.  Can't tell you what though.  We will all be looking for clever ways to use our swap Orientals soon.  I've used iron on vylene sometimes too.  The kind dressmakers use for collars etc.  It comes in different weights.
Sylvia
Irene K30/07/2010 17:54:39
365 forum posts
11 photos
I couldn't have resisted buying this fabric either, although I'm not sure I would know what to do with it - except just look at it and stroke it of course!
(But you've probably been doing that for a while anyway!)
Will have a think.....

Irene K

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues

Shopping Partners