Irene B27/07/2010 21:10:45
4433 forum posts
405 photos
This is very clever Margaret

Irene B
Cath27/07/2010 21:47:39
871 forum posts
195 photos
Wow! it looks like a kaleidescope.....gorgeous!

cath
Sylvia28/07/2010 08:19:09
2083 forum posts
342 photos
That's fantastic Margaret.  I got my Aug. PP yesterday and was looking forward to different versions of the idea.  Don't think it's one for me though.  I will admire from afar.
Sylvia

Irene K28/07/2010 10:44:41
365 forum posts
11 photos
This is gorgeous Margaret.
I have the Kaleidescope programme but haven't used it yet, except for the amusement of looking at family photographs 'kaleidescoped'!
Maybe after seeing yours I'll give it a go.
Did you print the image onto fabric and then embellish it?

Irene K
Margaret S28/07/2010 12:01:31
3897 forum posts
693 photos
Thank you, ladies, for your comments. I am amazed at how a moth photo has transformed. The white lace effect around the orange hearts is 'Kaleidoscoped' cobwebs!

Irene - Yes I printed it onto fabric, cut out the circle and fused it onto the background. Then sandwiched and then a small amount of embellishment - sequins, beads, a button and some machine quilting (not FMQ).

Sylvia - I like it as a one off, but I don't know that I would use it in quilting. It taught me how to do something new with my photo software!

Margaret
Fiona28/07/2010 14:24:47
3107 forum posts
463 photos
Lovely work, Margaret! I've discovered we have a similar programme already on the computer so going to have a play with that sometime.
Margaret S28/07/2010 15:44:07
3897 forum posts
693 photos
Sorry, I don't know how to put the link up, but there is a free show on The Quilt Show - #702 until 31 July. I linked through the CT Publishing blog but a search engine also pulled it up. Quilting in the Digital Age with Laura Schwarz Smith/Kerby Smith. Mind blowing details on how to print onto fabric and make the quilts. Explains how to get stronger colours when printing. On this one, I wanted mine more muted.

Margaret
Fiona29/07/2010 17:14:53
3107 forum posts
463 photos

You can try from this link -you have to be a member but it costs nothing to join, only if you want to watch the shows normally.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
lewis and irene
Janome
The Cotton Patch
Crafting Live
Sewing Quarter
SewAndSo
Search Press
bredons
Sarik
C&T publishing
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues