By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Free Stuff for charity

Scraps

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Julie Bannon10/07/2010 15:57:09
76 forum posts
Im having another sort out and i have a bin bag full of scrap fabric if anyone is interested.  I would prefer it to go to charity quilts but as long as it goes to a good home i dont mind.

theres all sorts of sizes in here

thanks

Joan10/07/2010 16:23:50
594 forum posts
8 photos
Have sent you a message 

joanx 
Jennie Twins Mum29/07/2010 15:08:02
8 forum posts
Hi I've just joined the forum and I am about to start making cot quilts for Bliss. Do you still have the scraps and would any be suitable in colour for premature babies? If so I would be really grateful for any bit and pieces you may have.
Thanks Jennie
Julie Bannon29/07/2010 15:17:53
76 forum posts
oops my apologies everything has gone now sorry.  i thought i had updated this.
Jennie Twins Mum29/07/2010 15:33:16
8 forum posts
~Thats fine, no worries, will just keep begging so I can add to my stash bits lol
Tessa29/07/2010 20:51:59
5766 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles
Hi Twins Mum....would you please tell me what Bliss is??  Really curious and nosy too.  I make quilts for Linus but I've never heard of that organization.  News Please !! !

Oh ....welcome to the forum...stay in touch here....there's lots to talk about, tons to do and hundreds of ladies to get ideas and help from.

Tessa
Marian T29/07/2010 21:45:59
4504 forum posts
466 photos
7 articles
Welcome Twins mum to our quilting family. I hope you enjoy looking around the site and getting involved with postings and swaps etc.

Tessa this may help with Bliss info

Hope your knee is recovering strength.
Marian

Jennie Twins Mum29/07/2010 21:56:22
8 forum posts
Hi Tess, Marion beat me to it! Bliss is a charitable organisation that supports neonatal units in the UK. I recently saw an ad in the caravan club mag asking for handmade clothes & blankets. I emailed to see if quilts were acceptable & with a few sensible proviso's, they said they would be! Hence my plea for scraps! Thanks for the welcome x
Tessa29/07/2010 22:22:54
5766 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles
Hi Marian....  Yes the knee is definitely progressing....can't wait to get back to work...we've had so many new bolts of fabric in I'm going to spend the first week just fondling the fabrics. 

Twins Mum..... what a great idea for new babies.  What size scraps would you be interested in??  Colours ???  I would certainly love to help as I get a lot of donations of fabrics from the girls on this website for my Linus quilts.  It wouldn't hurt to pass along some of the scraps for yet another good cause. 

Tessa
Jennie Twins Mum29/07/2010 22:36:45
8 forum posts
Thanks, that's great !! Not sure what size say 2" squares upwards? Colours, pastels or brighter blues, pinks etc. Would really try & go with what's available. I have lemons, a few blues & pinks unisex pastels would be wonderful! I know the size & will keep patterns simple & machine pieced so they can be washed & used again & again hopefully! Thanks sooo much, only got the details back from them this afternoon, can't wait to get started !! x

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues

Shopping Partners