By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

JANE LEAVING

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Janet M02/07/2010 00:39:21
5700 forum posts
1170 photos
4 articles
I would like to wish Jane good luck for her 'gap' year, does this mean she will be back? Once a quilter always a quilter.

What a fabulous opportunity for someone to step into her shoes. Oh I would have loved that job. Surrounded all day by things I enjoy.

I do hope someone can be found and that the magazine doesn't 'suffer' in the process.

Again, good luck Jane, don't forget us.

Jan
Irene B02/07/2010 09:36:51
4433 forum posts
405 photos
Wishing you a fabulous 'gap' year Jane.  Hope to 'see' you again.
Irene B
Maggi B02/07/2010 11:35:09
770 forum posts
97 photos
My good wishes also go to Jane. Have a good year and hope to see you back in the future.
Maggi 
Jane Rae05/07/2010 17:11:59
72 forum posts
21 articles
Hi all

Thank you for your good wishes. My gap year will kick at the end of the summer and as we can't confirm when we are coming home, I think that it's best for a new Editor to jump on board.

I am very confident that we can find a brilliant new replacement for PP and our aim is for this to be as seamless as possible. It's very much "business as usual" and I hope that the new Ed will continue to improve the magazine and grow the PP following. 

I really have loved being in this role for two years and I hope I will get the chance to say goodbye to you all at Festival of Qults. Perhaps we can have a group coffee!? 

I'm very excited about heading off with my husband and I my only problem at the moment is working out how I can carry all my textile purchases in a small back pack!? Fortunately I can send things home as and when.

Hope to see you all at FoQ. Thanks for all your support over the last few years.
Jane 
Kerstin05/07/2010 17:23:20
638 forum posts
118 photos
Hi Jane,

have a great year. 

Kerstin
Sylvia05/07/2010 18:01:59
2198 forum posts
370 photos
Hi Jane
A group coffee at FoQ sounds like a great idea.  Lucky you to be having a gap/travelling year.  Am sure it will be fantastic.
Sylvia

Jane Rae05/07/2010 18:07:40
72 forum posts
21 articles
Hi Sylvia and Kerstin

Thank you for your messages.  

I will post a message nearer the time about where and when we can meet at Festival of Quilts.

Look forward to meeting you next month.

Jane 
Tessa05/07/2010 21:28:55
5766 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles
Hi Jane,  If only I had the brains....No maybe lets just not go there.  Editor of two church magazines and a hospital magazine doesn't even come close to what you have accomplished.   You've been a wonderful editor and will be missed.

A gab year sounds brilliant.  Whatever you'll be doing and wherever you are going please do it safely. 

See you at the F of Q's. 

Tessa x
Irene K05/07/2010 22:17:21
365 forum posts
11 photos
Hello Jane,
I would just like to add my good wishes to the others, and say that I will miss your smiling face at the front of the magazine!
Will it be possible for you to send us occasional posts to let us know what you're doing (and where!)
Good luck, travel safe, we'll all miss you,

Irene K x
Jane Rae05/07/2010 22:42:41
72 forum posts
21 articles
Tessa

I think you are too modest! It sounds like you've had your fill of publishing experiences! Editor of PP was a dream job for me but I have new dreams to chase now and as I've mentioned to others, I don't' think I will be too far away from patchwork and quilting during (and after) my travels.

Irene

I think that a regular post on the PP website is a great idea. I will endeavour to find a nice patchwork topic in every country I visit and will share this with you all!

Happy quilting both of you and thanks so much for your kind messages...perhaps I will see you at FoQ.

Jane 

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues

Shopping Partners