By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

christmas wreath

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Lou14/06/2010 15:03:26
68 forum posts
19 photos
hello

yes, i know its early but a friend made christmas wreaths for her friends last year, but she won't tell me how to make them as she think's i'll just sell them!

i won't as i think the time and effort the goes in to them would make them cost hundreds of pounds but i'd like to make one for myself and my mum etc.

she used a polystyrene ring and covered it in fabric.  then she made lots of leaf shaped bits and sewed them all onto the ring. apparently, its similar to doing a christmas tree!!???

if anyone can understand what i'm trying to describe and can let me have a pattern or tell me how to do it i'd really appreciate it!

lou
xxxxx
Katy15/06/2010 09:49:35
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles
Hi Lou
This is easy to make, I can post the pattern on the website if you like?
Lou15/06/2010 13:45:00
68 forum posts
19 photos
hi katy

that looks great! i hope its easier than it looks!

if i could have a pattern, i'd appreciate it.  my email is mrswheelie1@hotmail.co.uk if its easier to send it to me.

thanks
again

lou
xxxxxxx
Kim Wood30/09/2011 07:53:38
1 forum posts
I have been searching for this for ages now. The archives don't go back to Nov 2007. Is it possible to either publish this on the web site or could you send me the instructions to bobkimwood@btinternet.com .Thank you so very much.
Kim
Marlene Hutchinson30/09/2011 09:07:28
1234 forum posts
1650 photos
Good morning Lou,
I have a simple Christmas Wreath for you....its just hearts stitched onto a florists wire wreath....there are several sizes of ring and they are very cheap to buy..
I made this one for my son a few years ago in the gold and cream fabrics he wanted.
You can decorate them if you wish but he did not want that.
Hope this will be of use to you.
Cherrio,
Marlene

Katy30/09/2011 09:21:39
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles
Hi Kim
The pattern for this is here, Angel Delight
Thanks
Katy
Lou30/09/2011 09:23:40
68 forum posts
19 photos
marlene, that's fab!

Are the hearts padded?

Do you know what size of ring you used and how many hearts?

Thanks for showing me this

Lou
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
pamela jeffrey30/09/2011 10:15:28
3192 forum posts
114 photos
Hello

these rings are lovely. I make one just using scrap of Christmas fabric and ribbon then add little parcels. will do a photo shortly

Bye Pam
quilt and patch30/09/2011 16:26:07
3489 forum posts
636 photos
Lou, Here is another very easy one! a wire coat hanger, pulled into a circle,leave the hook for hanging. Cut 2" pieces of scrap Christmas fabrics and just tie on all around,then add a few small Christmas decorations bells lights etc for effect. Liz
quilt and patch30/09/2011 16:28:03
3489 forum posts
636 photos
It looks a squashed circle but if you click on it you will get it the proper shape! Liz

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues

Shopping Partners