By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Horizontal thread holder for Janome Machines??

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Sylvia24/03/2010 08:48:15
2186 forum posts
367 photos
Does anyone know if there are add on horizontal thread holders for Janomes? Or indeed, univeral ones available.  I have a Memory Craft 6600 with 2 vertical holders.  They work fine for most threads but occasionally with difficult threads it catches on the reel and I have to put it horizontal in a small box behind the machine. 

Whilst on the subject of Janomes.  What is the convertible free motion quilting foot set and special bobbin case that I have seen discussed in other threads? 

Caz24/03/2010 09:04:26
2545 forum posts
273 photos
Hi Sylvia,
I have a Janome MC 4900, and it comes with a horizontal thread holder. It has a vertical one as well, for when I want to be adventurous (sp?) with a twin needle! I don't know if you can get them to add on to a machine.
The convertible free motion bobbin case is a case with a different tension so you don't get a tangle on the under side of your work when free motioning! They recommend you get the foot set as well. Both cost DH about £60 ish.

Caz
Sylvia17/04/2010 17:18:36
2186 forum posts
367 photos
Hi Caz
Just realised I haven't said thanks for that info.  Now I know about the convertible bobbin case and foot set I hope to get one at FoQ.
Sylvia

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ECT
Janome
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues