By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Sylvia's Blasted Tree

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Irene B22/03/2010 14:03:06
4433 forum posts
405 photos
Sylvia,
I love this.  There is so much movement in it.
Irene B
Sylvia22/03/2010 18:02:11
2186 forum posts
367 photos
Thankyou Irene.  Just had a quick look at some of your pics.  Love the Givenchey Garden and all those seahorses.  Do you live by the sea?
I started my weird tree with an American lady years and years ago, think it might have been at a Guild AGM workshop.  Shamefully I don't remember who it was to credit her.  I picked it up again a couple of years ago and finished it.  It's got lots of weird bits on it and is on some fabric I dyed at another workshop. 
Oh how I miss those workshops now that I live in Andorra.  We don't even have a quilt shop here.
Irene B22/03/2010 19:02:42
4433 forum posts
405 photos
Hi, Sylvia,
The Givenchey Garden was inspired by Ricky Timms book 'Convergence Quilts'. It was the first time I had used this method and really enjoyed it. 

I have  seahorses because I'm part of the 2010 Friendship Swap - you'll see a thread there, take a look and see what others are making.  There 15 in this group and we secretly chose our subject for the blocks that we wanted from the others.  The only person who knows what everyone has chosen is the co-ordinator of the Swap, Rosemary.  It really is fun. I just love seahorses and in Switzerland where my family live there are several seahorse statues on the shore of Lake Geneva.  My own block, which will complete the set, is inspired from the statues.

Andorra sounds a lovely place to live.  It's a shame there is no quilt shop.

Irene B
Cathy Turner NZ22/09/2010 20:37:02
1416 forum posts
155 photos
This is lovely, Sylvia, I really like it.

Cathy
pamela jeffrey22/09/2010 20:50:22
3192 forum posts
114 photos
Hello sylvia

This is so lovely and very clever. I love the way it flows..
Bye pam
Irene K22/09/2010 22:02:28
365 forum posts
11 photos
Hi Pam - I have sent you a PM.

Sylvia, your tree is gorgeous, is the background painted, or is it fabric?

Irene K
Sylvia23/09/2010 09:18:48
2186 forum posts
367 photos
Thank you for your comments.  I started with a piece of fabric I had dyed at a dye workshop and as I said to Irene back in Feb. I put it in the cupboard and finished it years after starting it.  Glad I did now.  It sits on the wall outside my sewing room.  I mounted it onto a piece of chipboard and made a bias strip for the sides.  It's all  torn, frayed strips sewn on with a variety of threads and stitches, plus string, wool - anything really.
Sylvia

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ECT
Janome
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues