By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Quiltathon for Haiti

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Articles

Quiltathon for Haiti

Quiltathon for Haiti

Chris Hammacott is organising a special 'Quiltathon for Haiti' on 13th March in Carmarthen

Ros09/02/2010 14:04:12
1040 forum posts
185 photos
Thanks Katy for this link.
I will be sending Chris some fabric for her Quiltathon.
Ros
Tessa11/02/2010 22:45:42
5765 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles
Hi Katy,

I'll be boxing up some fabrics as well over the weekend. 

Tessa
Chris Hammacott12/02/2010 21:16:25
10 forum posts
10 articles
Ros, your fabric has arrived, very many thanks. We have the first of the 'cutting' days tomorrow, the idea has rather snowballed! Thanks again.
Tessa12/02/2010 23:08:22
5765 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles
Hi Chris,

I'm going through my fabrics....is there any particular size of piece that you would rather have or will any size do.  I was given a large amount of larger scraps this year, just over a charm square size if they would help as well as other larger pieces.... 

Let me know what you think...

Tessa
Chris Hammacott13/02/2010 07:19:56
10 forum posts
10 articles
Hi Tessa
We are cutting the squares into 6inch, but are happy to use any fabric, after all we could have smaller squares as long as we have enough for a quilt. Many thanks for your interest.
Tessa13/02/2010 14:34:17
5765 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles
Ok Chris...I'll go through the box that I've started putting pieces in and pull out the too small bits....I can see your point in cutting squares the same size....will work much better. 

Will let you know when box is posted. 

Tessa
Tessa15/02/2010 12:01:45
5765 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles
Afternoon Chris,

Big box coming your way....hopefully the contents will be of some use.  Posted first class this morning...so you should have it in a day or so. 

Tessa
Chris Hammacott15/02/2010 12:04:42
10 forum posts
10 articles
Tessa, I always knew patchworkers were lovely people! thanks so much.
Tessa15/02/2010 12:16:11
5765 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles
Hi Chris...

To be honest with you I am a nice person.....I just wish my doctor knew how nasty I can get if I don't get my own way. 

I'm still waiting for the MRI appointment for my knee....I'm off work for another 4 weeks....  Mind you I'll get some sewing done and the 4 Linus quilts waiting in the wings will get some attention. 

I do hope the fabrics will be ok....some of them are older but they are good cottons.  I'm just really pleased that an opportunity like this has come up to get them out and used. 

Let me know if you need more...I can always get some from the shop where I work at a really good price. 

Take care.
Tessa
Chris Hammacott15/02/2010 12:28:46
10 forum posts
10 articles
Hi Tessa, that seems a long time to wait, how frustrating for you.
I am sure the fabric will be fine, we are getting all sorts delivered and everything will be used for the quilts. We think that if you are sleeping on the streets then anything that wraps you up, will be fine, and of course once the tin shacks are built they can sleep on the quilts for a little comfort. From the pictures on the news, they may well use the quilts as tents, at least for a little 'my space'.
It will be interesting on the day to see how many we can make!
Thanks again, and rest that knee XX

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sewing Quarter
lewis and irene
The Cotton Patch
Janome
SewAndSo
Sarik
bredons
C&T publishing
Search Press
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues