By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FRIENDSHIP SWAP 2010

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
rosemary Rosenfeld30/12/2009 16:00:00
5714 forum posts
1661 photos
13 articles
The title says it all. I have been made very jealous by all the lovely blocks I've seen which have been winging their way all over the world!!
I only discovered PP after the swap had begun and I'm sure there are a few more people in the same boat!!

Now is our chance to get our own back! Katy is happy for me to organize a new swap, it will follow the same lines as the 2009 one. Katy is going to re-post the explanation (until she does you can find it on the thread "Friendship swap2009) and I'd like to start it at the beginning of Feb.
So get your thinking caps on and let me know if you're interested.  I'm a beginner so don't feel shy or be modest.

Best wishes and Happy New year to you all
Rosemary
Jeny M30/12/2009 16:46:30
76 forum posts
11 photos
Hi Rosemary,

I'd love to take part in something like this. I've only recently discovered the PP website, but having had a nosey at the thread about last year's swap, it sounds like a lot of fun.

Jeny
Patricia B30/12/2009 19:14:35
76 forum posts
71 photos
Hi Rosemary,

I would love to take part, only started quilting about 6 months ago so my swaps won't be anywhere near the standards of many on this forum.

Patricia
rosemary Rosenfeld01/01/2010 15:24:48
5714 forum posts
1661 photos
13 articles
Only 2 takers so far, 3 of us in all! Anyone else going to join us?
Best
Rosemaru
Janet M01/01/2010 23:36:49
5700 forum posts
1170 photos
4 articles
Hi Rosemary,

I think we 'old timers' are leaving this swap fro all the Newbies as ours is still ongoing.

So come on all you Newbies, where are you???? Come and join in Rosemary's bit of fun.  Loads of you won on the Advent Calendar give away, you could use your gifts to good use in this.

Jan
Maggie Mckay02/01/2010 10:34:02
447 forum posts
86 photos
Hi Rosemary
ok Jan has twisted my arm but please be warned I am by no means expert at these things
Having looked on the 2009 thread and seen the photos I know this is going to be a challenge I have never done picture blocks my norm is log cabin, Karla Alexander blocks or bag making
The Sampler of Psalms  is my first sampler but I am enjoying it

Maggie
Lady Hopwood02/01/2010 12:06:14
395 forum posts
40 photos
I would hate to have people feel that they shouldn't participate because of their skill levels.

I know that my blocks don't always have the precision of piecing that others do, and there are a range of levels of complexity and skill displayed in the blocks I received from the simple to the very complex. I love them all, and I am as happy with the ones that I consider 'simple' with the one I consider 'complex' - they are all friendship blocks, and as such came from my friends!

There is nothing wrong with a nice log cabin block, never deny your own abilities, and how do think you get better at anything? - Just do it!

Take part ladies, you won't regret it
Ros02/01/2010 14:42:18
1040 forum posts
185 photos
I agree with Lady H.  This is about fun and friendship, and there is something wonderful in being both the giver and the receiver in these swaps.  Do your best, have fun and venture a little outside your comfort zone - you will love it!
Ros

Caz02/01/2010 14:53:05
2545 forum posts
273 photos
I have been out of my comfort zone doing this swap, but it has been fun. And it is great receiving squishy packages in the post!

Caz
Jytte02/01/2010 17:32:33
391 forum posts
59 photos
Yes, don't miss out because you think you will not be able to 'match up' to certain levels. I, like Caz has been out of my comfort zone, and will be again now that I know the next challenge.
Do join up. It is great fun.
Jytte

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
The Cotton Patch
Sewing Quarter
lewis and irene
Crafting Live
Janome
bredons
Search Press
Sarik
SewAndSo
C&T publishing
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues