Swedish Quilts

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Brenda in OZ21/10/2009 11:48:07
490 forum posts
159 photos
33 articles
Hi Katy,
Thank you so much for sharing these quilts on the PP site.

I am always amazed to see the creativity amongts women in the past. The colours are vibrant in many of the quilts and the selection of fabrics amazing. (who would think of using jersey in a quilt).

My favourite is the hexagon quilt because I think it incorporate so much of the person making it. All those fabrics stored for a rainy day find their way into a truly unique quilt.

Brenda in OZ
Janet M21/10/2009 12:11:45
5700 forum posts
1170 photos
4 articles
Oh, these are great. When one of my nephews was gertting married to a Swedish girl.  I researched them - quilts that is - and made them a copy of one, she loved it, he was erm...humming and hahhing as they do but came round in the end. Not sure if I have a pik still of it. Probably do somewhere, it was all creams beiges and browns, sounds dismal but I really liked it. My hubby didn't!

Janet

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
The Cotton Patch
Janome
Sewing Quarter
Crafting Live
lewis and irene
SewAndSo
C&T publishing
bredons
Search Press
Sarik
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues