By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Brenda's new bag pattern

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Articles

Sweet Sixteen

Sweet Sixteen

A quick and easy reversible Charm Square tote bag. Designed, made, and kindly shared by Brenda Dean. Photographs by Peter Dean. Quilters Pty. Ltd. 2009

Caz02/10/2010 08:25:29
2545 forum posts
273 photos
Sylvia,
if it is Pellon, then that is a fusible wadding. You can get it with fusible on one side - easy to use, or double sided -difficult to use,, for me anyhow!

Caz
Sylvia02/10/2010 12:49:19
2143 forum posts
358 photos
Thanks Caz, have never used that and am sure it won't be available here.  Oh well, must look at the instructions and see if I can do it with normal wadding.  Hmmm perhaps with that spray adhesive...
Sylvia

Sadie Yeomans08/12/2010 23:53:08
8 forum posts
29 articles
Hi Sylvia - I have never really got on with fusible wadding but have started using Pellon and think it is fantastic.  It's more like a thin layer of fleece attached to a layer of interfacing, it comes in two thicknesses but both are still thinner than tradtional wadding.  In the UK it is marketed as Vilene H630 is the thinnest and H640 is thicker. I use the H630 in some of my stitchery projects with great success.  If you want to try some let me know. 
Sadie

Edited By Sadie Yeomans on 08/12/2010 23:54:14

Sylvia09/12/2010 08:32:08
2143 forum posts
358 photos
Hi Sadie
That sounds like a really useful product.  Does it come in packets or by metre off the roll?  If you have a shop really close to you and it is no problem then I would love to take up your offer of some.  Guess we should organise this using PMs, so hope to hear from you.
Thanks, Sylvia

Sadie Yeomans09/12/2010 12:53:08
8 forum posts
29 articles
Hi Sylvia
Vilene H630 come on the roll and is about 35" wide.  I can send you a piece I have leftover from my latest project so that you can see what it is like.  If you message me your address I'll pop it in the post.
Sadie
Milady Peters19/08/2017 23:42:25
1 forum posts

Thanks for the idea. Here is my bag, based on your tutorial: https://wordpress.com/post/iammilady.wordpress.com/1734

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ECT
Janome
The Cotton Patch
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues