By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Quilts 4London

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Articles

Quilts 4 London

Quilts 4 London

Get involved in the London Olympic celebrations, Quilts 4 London want your A3 sized mini-quilt pennants!

rosemary Rosenfeld21/08/2009 17:59:50
5636 forum posts
1548 photos
13 articles
Hi All!
Has anybody else become involved in this project? The aim seem to be to make a small pennant (Quilt) for each of the competitors in the 2012 games.I have signed up to show that I'm interested, I think it would be great to be part of the celebrations and a small quilt would not take very long. What do the rest of you think? I can post a link if anyone is interested and if it's OK Katy?
BW
Rosemary
Katy21/08/2009 18:38:24
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles
That would be great Rosemary, please post a link
thanks
Katy
rosemary Rosenfeld22/08/2009 14:12:48
5636 forum posts
1548 photos
13 articles
Hi All,
The link for this project is  www.quilts4london.org.uk.
Hope this works OK
BW
Rosemary
Janet M22/08/2009 23:23:25
5700 forum posts
1170 photos
4 articles
Hi Rosemary,

hope you don't mind I am re-doing the link it didn't work, sorry.

Try this folks.

Just off to have a butchers.

Janet
Ros23/08/2009 12:50:35
1040 forum posts
185 photos
I've just tried the link - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. 

For anyone who is interested in the project here are the details:

Historically Pennants have been exchanged between sportsmen and women. If you follow football you will find each club has a selection of pennants. Knights and Royalty have for centuries had Coats of Arms to represent their family motto. Sailor’s pennants represent messages, and plain pennants are used for semaphore.

The aim is to make a pennant for each athlete in the Olympics and Paralympics - a personal gift for each athelete. Nearly 12,000 took part in the Beijing Olympics!

Pennants can be as simple or elaborate, and they can be made by anyone regardless of their level of ability or age. They can be made using any textile media - felt, fabric, crosstitch, embroidery, painted fabric, beaded.

The size they are talking about is A3, so its really like a large journal quilt.

Janet M23/08/2009 22:21:16
5700 forum posts
1170 photos
4 articles
Hi Ros,
did you se when you do get on the site there is a pattern or suggested pattern for the pennant, also a label to put on AND shapes for them. Pretty good.
Jan
Ros23/08/2009 23:30:22
1040 forum posts
185 photos
Hi Jan, 
Some of the suggested shapes were quite amusing don't you think!!   I think this could be good fun.
Ros

Janet M24/08/2009 01:31:07
5700 forum posts
1170 photos
4 articles
Yep, definitely gona give this a shot.............................putt

sorry
Kimberly24/08/2009 05:36:41
1145 forum posts
165 photos
1 articles
Alright Jan, I think you might be disqualified for "pun...ishment"!

Yes, it does look good....hmmmm, I didn't notice, are they also doing them for the para-lympics? Speaking of which, isn't the use of "lymp" a bit of a pun too?

My feet still hurt,
Kim

Fiona24/08/2009 11:15:48
3107 forum posts
463 photos
This sounds much more manageable than the original big quilts they talked about. I;ll take the details down to my LQS this week and see what we come up with.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
The Cotton Patch
lewis and irene
Janome
Crafting Live
Sewing Quarter
bredons
Sarik
SewAndSo
C&T publishing
Search Press
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues