By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Janice

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Articles

Janice Aitkens

Janice Aitkens

Meet reader Janice, in the first of our PP member Conversation Pieces.

Ros18/08/2009 17:47:07
1040 forum posts
185 photos
Well done Janice for taking the plunge and sharing with us your lovely photos and your quilting story. 

I''d love to hear more about the on-line quilting group you run (what sort of projects do you run? Is it an international group?) 
Good luck with it all,
Ros

Margaret S18/08/2009 18:00:32
3924 forum posts
705 photos
Hi Janice

I enjoyed reading about your quilting history. Congratulations on being so brave.

Unfortunately I cannot access either of your http links. I get a security alert and then asked for an encarta name and password. Does anyone know if there is a way around this? Perhaps they are restricted to members only? Like Ros, I'd like to know more.

Margaret
Irene B18/08/2009 18:30:55
4433 forum posts
405 photos
Hello Janice,
Enjoyed reading about your quilting journey.  Like Margaret, I cannot access either of the links as I get a security alert too.
Irene B
Maggi B18/08/2009 18:44:37
770 forum posts
97 photos
Hi Janice

Really enjoyed reading about your quilting journey too - very brave to be the first to take the plunge.

For those who cannot access the links, copy and past the links rather than using them as links and then they work.

Maggi 
Katy18/08/2009 18:44:54
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles
Hi everyone, try again now, my pc had messed up the links, but I could still see them, so I didn't realise everyone else couldn't, sorry. Should work now.
Katy
Janice Aitkens18/08/2009 18:45:22
64 forum posts
5 photos

Hi Ros & Margaret
Thank you so much for your kind words.
The online group is a yahoo group I started mainly as I was a beginner in the UK & didn't really what I was looking for in other group while they were very good so I decided to start my own.
It is a International one we have members from the UK, USA Australia, Netherlands, Sweden & possible elsewhere, we have a young member who just joined she 13 & also a visual impaired member (she a moderator) so we range from young to old
We do a ongoing swap in which you sign up the voting taken place for which block it will be then each month I will draw 2 names out & everyone send them the block in their choice of colours & we continue until all of us have been drawn, we have the last one just drawing to a close.
This coming week-end we have what we call a online retreat it came about we all saying how we love to do a retreat but no way could we all so we decided to do in online so we have from Friday to Sunday & that the retreat & we sew as much or as little as we want, also we do a lottery in which for each block you sign up to your name goes in to the draw so 2 blocks 2 chances to win & so forth, the winner is drawn on Sunday evening by another moderator who in Canada & then we send our blocks to the winner.
We also do bingo for FQs you play 1 card for 1 FQ up to a max of 4 then you pick 25 from a 100 words or numbers depending on who calling I am as I was one of the winners last month so I using numbers & each day I post the numbers until some gets all their 25 numbers it should be finishing soon.
We also do one to one swaps & other bits of fun, plus we have a PoM (Project of the Month) that is where it goes in to album without your name on it me or a moderator does it then we vote winning one goes on group home page you have to have completed it with in the month it for so we say from 22nd of one month to 21st of next month then voting is 22-28 where all members pick their favourite & the winning one is on show for all visitors to see not just members.
Not sure why you can't click on the link i have added it on this to see if it will work from there or if you go to yahoo & search for group called QuiltingForAll it should come up
Well I think that covers it all thanks again to both of you for your kind words
Hugs Janice

Edited By Janice Aitkens on 18/08/2009 18:57:20

Janice Aitkens18/08/2009 18:48:37
64 forum posts
5 photos
Thanks Maggi & Irene
Katy has said the link is now fixed
Hugs Janice
Maggi B18/08/2009 18:51:16
770 forum posts
97 photos
Can anyone explain why half the text for the messages is missing suddenly?
Janice Aitkens18/08/2009 18:55:30
64 forum posts
5 photos
Hi Maggi
If you mean my message i struggle with this size text so i did it in a e-mail & it came a bit too large i can't find how to change the size of text i could so with it a size or two larger
Hugs Janice
Katy18/08/2009 18:56:08
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles
Fixed it, should be Ok now

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sewing Quarter
The Cotton Patch
Janome
lewis and irene
C&T publishing
bredons
SewAndSo
Sarik
Search Press
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues