Computer aided design

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
rosemary Rosenfeld12/08/2009 18:09:40
5703 forum posts
1661 photos
13 articles
Hi  All,
I've seen ads etc for computer programs which can be used to design quilt blocks and quilts. Has anybody used them? Do they help? Or are they more trouble than they're worth?
Best wishes
Rosemary
Marian T12/08/2009 20:05:07
4504 forum posts
466 photos
7 articles
Hi Rosemary
I have EQ6 and I love it. I plan all my quilts out first so I don't waste time and fabric and then print out my pattern pieces and piecing diagrams, so I am definitely for it... You can upload your own fabrics too to see if they go well with your designs. It has a vast library of blocks or you can design your own.

On page 3 of this forum, Kim's discussion...to buy or not to buy EQ6 might help. it is under the title Electric Quilt 6 and you may be able to do a search for it to be quicker.

Hope this helps...
Marian
Maggi B13/08/2009 20:28:46
770 forum posts
97 photos
Thanks for the link to Kim's discussion Marion. I have been thinking about EQ6 although it  won't work on my Mac. I had to buy a PC laptop for my embroidery machine software so it should work on that. I am going to have a chat with Lawrence at Rio Designs over the FPQ weekend as he is really helpful. 

By The way, a message for Lady H - my terramundi pot is financing all my spending at the show this year, second one I have smashed so far!

Maggi 
Marian T13/08/2009 22:21:02
4504 forum posts
466 photos
7 articles
Your welcome Maggi

I bought my EQ6 from Lawrence at Rio Designs too and they were really helpful. I paid there and then, and received it within 24 hours I think...it was very quick anyway...and to me, it was money well spent..

Marian

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sewing Quarter
Crafting Live
The Cotton Patch
Janome
lewis and irene
Search Press
C&T publishing
Sarik
bredons
SewAndSo
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues