Chat

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Alison28/10/2008 13:10:00
1833 forum posts
237 photos
1 articles

Margaret,

The pictures should be there now, Katy has to ok them before they go live, I think I must have jumped the gun a bit, sorry.

Alison.

Margaret Goodson28/10/2008 20:40:00
121 forum posts
3 photos

Hi Alison,

I'm just back from viewing your pictures.  What a wonderful display it was with my favourite being the one with the butterflies.

I found your quilts so inspiring.

You had mentioned that some of the hexagons are made from the little sample squares.  Does this mean that you don't wash your fabrics before using?

I know there are those that do pre - wash and those that don't.  I'm always interested to hear the different views on this subject.

Janet M28/10/2008 22:30:00
5700 forum posts
1170 photos
4 articles

Help!!

I just know that Tessa told us where she works and I cannot now find which thread it was in, this is where I come unstuck with the site, I read the messages then lose the thread with the messages I should be answering or taking note of. Help how do I find a particular message anyone?

janet mce 

Katy29/10/2008 07:10:00
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles
I think I just remember, I think it was in the Singing Garden thread. I 'll try to work it out
Janet M29/10/2008 09:18:00
5700 forum posts
1170 photos
4 articles

Hi Katy,

That is so kind of you but I have to tell you, Tessa has emailed me it is JUST SEW in Penrith in case anyone else is searching for it.

Thanks Katy.

janetmce 

Cath29/10/2008 19:37:00
871 forum posts
195 photos

I've been on my beloved sewing machine ALL DAY, but will be so pleased when this particular piece of work is done! Curtain making is not my favourite pastime, in fact I quite dislike it, especially when they are very large, very heavy and lined! Still, it's my good turn of the year for my son and daughter-in-law, I hope they don't want any more any time soon........good job they don't know about this website, what a good place to let off steam eh?

Margaret Goodson29/10/2008 22:54:00
121 forum posts
3 photos

Cath,

Well done on getting those curtains done.  Not my favourite thing to make either but the prices for having them made to measure are fearsome.

Margaret Goodson29/10/2008 22:55:00
121 forum posts
3 photos

Hi Katy,

Thanks so much for uploading the wrist pincushion to the projects.

I've already printed off my copy and will be testing the pattern as soon as I finish the bag I'm making.

Caz01/11/2008 08:04:00
2545 forum posts
273 photos

Hi Katy,

After reading your review of the miniature quilts at the FoQ this year, I just wanted to say how fascinating the little quilts were. My favourite miniature is 'Singing in the Rain' by Dorian Walton. It is absolutely brilliant and wished I had the patience to make a quilt that small.

Caz

Katy01/11/2008 08:57:00
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

Caz

I really wanted to make one as soon as got home, but it's much harder than I imagined. I keep getting ideas,then try to make the first block and fail! Singing in the Rain was really amazing, it was tiny! Good luck with your Maple Leaf miniature! I had a go at one, but it was beyond me! I found the pressing part very difficult, I imagine a clover mini iron would help, if you have one.

Katy 

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sewing Quarter
Janome
Crafting Live
The Cotton Patch
lewis and irene
C&T publishing
SewAndSo
Search Press
bredons
Sarik
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues