By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Chat

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Margaret Goodson27/10/2008 13:06:00
121 forum posts
3 photos

Hi Babs and Katy,

My, what busy bees you two have been today!  I came back from my quilt group to find lots of chat going on around here and lovely pictures too.

Thanks so much for the info on how to draw the hexagons with the compass Babs.  A compass is something I don't own but easily available in the many Chinese todo shops.  I think this would be a great exercise for my hubby!!!

Katy, I love the pictures you dug up especially the cushion and how useful that wrist pincushion would be.  Are we allowed those patterns in the projects section or do we have to hunt down back issues?

I think the table runner set is very clever and  I can quite see where the name came from.

Margaret Goodson27/10/2008 13:37:00
121 forum posts
3 photos

Hi Alison,

I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures of your quilts.

I'll be doing mine with 4cm hexagons.  Not as tiny as the ones you're working with but I think that's as small as I dare go to start with.

It's kind of you to offer to draw the hexagons for me but now I have the secret of how Babs deals with her hexagons I'll have a go and see how I get on with that method first.

Katy27/10/2008 13:41:00
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

Margaret

I will get at least one of those projects on the website this week, which would you like most?

Katy 

Margaret Goodson27/10/2008 14:13:00
121 forum posts
3 photos

What a hard decision......................I think, since I have several sewing friends that I need to make little gifts for this Christmas, I'll choose the wrist pincushion.  

Or you could put it to the vote to see which one the other members would like best?

Thank you!

Caz27/10/2008 14:19:00
2545 forum posts
273 photos

Hi All, I have got started on a small version of my Maple Leaf Mayhem quilt, with the help of 1" Thangles. I think Thangles are a good idea, saves all the un-even cutting of the 7/8's.

Since joining this forum I have so many projects finished and also 3 on the go, and 1 in the planning stage. I'm just going to print out the next project of Brenda Dean's.

Caz

Margaret Goodson27/10/2008 14:36:00
121 forum posts
3 photos

You're on a roll Caz and everything you've made is gorgeous.  I find being a member here in the forum very motivating and it sounds as though you do too.  

I can't wait to see your scaled down version of your Maple Leaf Mayhem quilt.  I still haven't looked at the Thangles yet so now I am reminded to do that,.

Brenda in OZ28/10/2008 07:18:00
479 forum posts
155 photos
33 articles

Talking of hexagons, I 've posted pictures in my gallery. There's a very moving story to this quilt but there was not enough space to fit 400 words!

Brenda in OZ

Alison28/10/2008 11:10:00
1833 forum posts
237 photos
1 articles

Margaret,

As promised I have posted some pictures of my English paper pieced quilts in my gallery.

Alison. 

Janet M28/10/2008 11:32:00
5700 forum posts
1170 photos
4 articles

Hi Brenda,

would love to hear this quilts story, where can we see or read about it. It looks great the quilt.

janet mce 

Margaret Goodson28/10/2008 12:11:00
121 forum posts
3 photos

Hi Alison,

Am I looking in the right place?  When I try to look at your pictures it tells me the album is empty

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
lewis and irene
The Cotton Patch
Sewing Quarter
Janome
Crafting Live
Sarik
SewAndSo
C&T publishing
Search Press
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues