By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Chat

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Margaret Goodson26/10/2008 22:01:00
121 forum posts
3 photos

Well Kimberly, much as I love the chat section of this forum two and a half weeks in the USA sounds more appealing to me.

Even though the exchange rate is no longer the great deal that it was I wouldn't mind a visit to a "real" bricks and mortar quilt shop instead of trying to buy fabrics online and wondering if the colours are going to be as I expect.

I buy all my quilt books from the second hand sellers on Amazon but eBay is good too.

Have a great time.  It sounds as though you have been very busy making all those quilts!

Margaret

Katy27/10/2008 08:58:00
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

Margaret, I've just found Inner City, which is a hexagon pieced tablemat set from February 2007, I made a set of wall hangings which were very similar to this, it was very satisfying to make.

/sites/4/images/article_images/inner1.jpg

I could put this on the website in a couple of days if you are interested?

Katy

Katy27/10/2008 09:04:00
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

There's a simple hexagon cushion from September 2006

/sites/4/images/article_images/hexagon1.jpg

Katy27/10/2008 09:18:00
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

And some english paper pieced pin cushions from March 2004

/sites/4/images/article_images/pin1.jpg

Katy27/10/2008 09:30:00
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

I've been through all my back issues and I haven't found a hexagon quilt yet. I still have about four years electronic issues to check, so don't give up yet!

Katy

Alison27/10/2008 09:51:00
1833 forum posts
237 photos
1 articles

Margaret,

I will take some photos of my hexagon quilts and post them in the next day or two.

If you would like me to prepare a sheet of hexagons the size you need I would be quite happy to do so, it would not take long on the computer. I could then attach it to an e-mail (something I have never done before but there is a first time for everything,) and you could then print as many as you need, believe me, drawing around templates gets very tedious very quickly! 

Alison.

Babs27/10/2008 10:50:00
385 forum posts
74 photos
9 articles
Good morning all, My students construct their own templates for English Patchwork - from a circle. Can make templates to whatever size they desire. Will photograph one of my worksheets later (from Appleworks but don't have skill to translate them into pdf's unfortunately). Perhaps Katy will post the photograph on this thread unless, of course, someone gets in first thus saving moi time and effort!!! Babs
Katy27/10/2008 11:28:00
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

As promised, Babs' hexagon instructions. This is how I draw mine too. Computer drawing packages are quite bad at this, I resort to paper and compasses. Click on the picture to see it full size.

/sites/4/images/article_images/Templates_from_a_circle.481.jpg

Babs27/10/2008 11:29:00
385 forum posts
74 photos
9 articles
Margaret, Was almost crushed by the rush . . . . to get info to you . . . However, have managed by roundabout means (scanning/iphoto) to send you a rough draft of 'Templates from a Circle' page from my English Patchwork folder. Check your emails. Babs
Babs27/10/2008 11:33:00
385 forum posts
74 photos
9 articles
Goodness Katy - this site's not called Magicalia for nowt!! 'Twas there before I blinked, so no need to check emails, Margaret. I assume you all have compasses. If not, then get some and you will be able to construct templates for English Patchwork in all shapes and sizes - for ever and ever - Amen! Babs

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Crafting Live
lewis and irene
Janome
The Cotton Patch
Sewing Quarter
Sarik
Search Press
bredons
SewAndSo
C&T publishing
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues