By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Chat

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Margaret Goodson25/10/2008 12:37:00
121 forum posts
3 photos

Wow!  What a fabulous display.   I only wish I could be one of the students the class

Thanks for taking the time to share your picture Babs.  I am inspired.

I looked at the Jinny Beyer book last night on Amazon.  The second hand sellers have a brand new copy for around £12.50 with £2.75 postage which is not bad at all.  I'm going to ask hubby for it for Christmas.

Meanwhile I'm starting to collect fabrics for a Grandmothers Flower Garden hexagon quilt.

Katy25/10/2008 12:39:00
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles
Margaret, I'm going to have a dig about in the archives for you on Monday, so you might get some more handpiecing from me too!
Margaret Goodson25/10/2008 12:49:00
121 forum posts
3 photos

Wonderful!  Thanks so much for taking the time to do this.  Hopefully some others may be interested as well.

I found a hexagon demo on You Tube.  In fact, there are lots of quilting demos on You Tube if anyone is interested and didn't already know about it.

Margaret Goodson25/10/2008 13:31:00
121 forum posts
3 photos

I've just been to Babs' blog where she has put up more great pictures of the sampler class and also a beautiful hexagon block made by one of the students in her class.

Alison25/10/2008 17:54:00
1833 forum posts
237 photos
1 articles

I have made several hexagon quilts using the english paper piecing method, including a double bed quilt made with half inch hexagons, and some where I have first pieced the hexagons. At the moment I am making a quilt with quarter inch hexagons, but I have yet to make a Grandmothers Flower Garden quilt.

It is possible to buy pre cut hexagons in some quilting shops, or metal or plastic templates which you can draw round.

I make my templates on Quilt pro 5 and print them on used sheets of A4 printer paper, this means I can produce any size I want easily and accurately.

Brenda in OZ26/10/2008 01:50:00
479 forum posts
155 photos
33 articles

Hi Babs,

What a fabulous display of blocks in your sampler class!

I love to see how quilters put all these togather! Can we have some pictures of the quilts whan they are finished?

Our group is palnning a quilt show for next August and our friendship group is working on ";Round Robis". There will be six in all and we have requested that the quilts but hung together in a group, but some members of the committee don't like the idea. What do you think?

Brenda in OZ

H26/10/2008 09:14:00
1116 forum posts
139 photos

Love the photos of the sampler blocks, Babs- the finished quilts are going to be lovely!  (And what lucky quilters they are to have you as their teacher!)

Brenda, I like the idea of your friendship group working on 'round robins' for your quilt show.  I would imagine that visitors to the show would like to see the quilts grouped together as then some info about the project could be displayed with them and it could be a nice 'quilters working together' section of the show.  Will we get to see some pictures of the quilts?!

Helen

Margaret Goodson26/10/2008 11:07:00
121 forum posts
3 photos

Hi Alison.

1/2" hexagons!   That is some undertaking!  I'd love to see a picture of one of your hexagon quilts.

I've found something online where you can print out a sheet of hexagon papers and I also watched a promotional video on Inklingo this morning.  Interesting but I think I'll be doing mine the hard way.

Margaret Goodson26/10/2008 11:09:00
121 forum posts
3 photos

Happy day!  I just won the January 2007 issue of Popular Patchwork on eBay for 1p.

Postage is £1.75 but, even so, I think that was a good deal.  My magazine collection is growing1 

Kimberly26/10/2008 21:40:00
1145 forum posts
165 photos
1 articles

Arrrgh, I just found this chat forum and I'm leaving for the states for 2.5 weeks in the morning!!!! On the plus side, I'll deliver three larger single quilts, five cot quilts, two wall hangings and one table topper. Don't know if I have a pic of the table topper. Will take one at my daughter's house and download from there. It started out as a table runner. Then talked with daughter #2 (who is getting it) and she said she no longer has long rectangle table. I promptly walked upstairs and cut the sucker in thirds, snipped a seam and removed the end strip of HST's, then sewed them on to the new and improved Table Topper. Added some borders and presto~chango...Autumn Table Topper.

Picking up large amount of fabric  I bought on ebay.com in the US and had sent to daughter #1. This was when the exchange rate was $2=£1. Not as good now so I've stopped buying, period. Ebay is my favourite source of fabric...NO it's not, it's a terrible way to buy...I hate it, bad idea, don't any of you make this mistake......(hee hee hee)  Abbey the tabby has been agitated and quite clingy since seeing the suitcases in the hall. She sat next to me at the sewing machine this morning, beside the tub while I took my bath and on my lap as I write this. I have left her in charge of Hubby and on guard of the sewing room.

Yes Margaret, that is a good deal on the magazine. Still cheaper than LQS. Bought all of my quilting books on ebay. I grew up going to Yard/Garage sales in the US. So ebay is as good as to me. The Boot sale that comes to your door. I subscribe to PP, but have been know to bid on the competitions publication.

Well, off to brush, floss and pack the last of the stuff. Ya'll have a good time quilting and if anyone starts a swap...try to leave it open till I get back.

Hugs and Keep Quilting.

Kimmers

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
The Cotton Patch
Sewing Quarter
lewis and irene
Crafting Live
Janome
Sarik
bredons
SewAndSo
C&T publishing
Search Press
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues