By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Chat

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Winnie the B.O.L.B16/01/2022 10:00:27
3367 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Morning all. Just read Reenie's list of suggestions and think lots of them are extremely sensible and useful. I particularly like the pincushions which I forgot - my choice is the wrist type. Magnetic pin dishes are very useful as are finger and thumb protectors - OUCH! Binding clips would be an encouragement to novices as well as a joy to use for the more experienced quilters - I have them and love them. All the other things are definitely lovely "extras' for all of us doing quilting/patchwork and could be very welcome items for established quilters who would surely form part of her customer base.

Cheers

Winnie

Eileen Foster28/02/2022 19:27:40
713 forum posts
363 photos

The forum is very quiet at the moment. I hope it is because you are all busy sewing or getting out and doing lots of interesting things. I have been sewing, gardening and going pillion with hubby. Hope all are doing well. Eileen x

maria hewitt28/02/2022 21:05:23
998 forum posts
187 photos

My machine packed up before Christmas the foot pedal broke, and I can't get a replacement. So I need to get a new machine. I've decided that I don't need all the fancy stitches, but a wide throat would be useful,. I'm going to see what's on offer at the quilt championship at sandown in April. So I'm a bit restricted to using my ancient little elna lotus (that's a bit rattly).

Maria

maria hewitt28/02/2022 21:05:28
998 forum posts
187 photos

My machine packed up before Christmas the foot pedal broke, and I can't get a replacement. So I need to get a new machine. I've decided that I don't need all the fancy stitches, but a wide throat would be useful,. I'm going to see what's on offer at the quilt championship at sandown in April. So I'm a bit restricted to using my ancient little elna lotus (that's a bit rattly).

Maria

maria hewitt28/02/2022 21:05:32
998 forum posts
187 photos

Maria

Margaret S01/03/2022 09:14:24
4045 forum posts
766 photos

Sorry that your main machine has died, Maria. Good luck in your search for a replacement. The apparent price fixing of machines really bugs me, as does the huge mark up for a wider throat. Maybe you will be lucky at Sandwich.

I've nearly finished my Marmite quilt - you've worked on it for nearly 3 weeks, show a photo to a quilter friend and she leaves you in no doubt that she thinks it's horrible!

We've got heat today. The gas boiler made funny noises then stopped working on Sunday afternoon, so we only had the log burner until we were lucky enough to get an engineer in to fix it yesterday afternoon.

Margaret

Eileen Foster01/03/2022 10:39:56
713 forum posts
363 photos

That's unfortunate Maria and so frustrating. I want to try a machine before buying and my next one will be a wider throat. I could do with less stiches after all I only use about 8 of them. Not keen on the rest. Hope you strike it lucky at Sandwich

That was a bit harsh Margaret wasn't it? I am sure as she is a friend she wouldn't have thought to upset you. My friend says 'Wow they aren't colours I'd have put together', meaning 'don't like it'. But it wouldn't do if we were all the same.

Our boiler went on the blink in December and it took them 3 visits to track down a faulty diode. Luckily we still have an open fire in the lounge and a gas fire in the dining room. It took me back to my childhood having unheated bedrooms. I really liked it and we have turned the heating to its lowest setting now. Not that it was particularly high.

Eileen x

Eileen Foster01/03/2022 10:40:01
713 forum posts
363 photos

meant to say one of quilting group doesnt like the quilt I am making for daughter's mil. And she was quite rude so much so 2 other ladies took her to task about it.

Eileen x

Edited By Eileen Foster on 01/03/2022 10:41:49

rosemary Rosenfeld01/03/2022 15:04:05
5940 forum posts
1744 photos
13 articles

What a pain for you Maria....I had a similar problem...so many things have built in obsolescence.....just chuck it away and buy a new one!!

And for you Eileen and Margaret..I was always told...that if you can't say something nice....say nothing!

Best wishes Rosemary xx

maria hewitt01/03/2022 15:16:31
998 forum posts
187 photos

To be fair, it was my mum's machine well over 20 years old. I tried a replacement pedal,/wiring but the new wiring was 2 wires not 3.and didn't want to play.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ECT
Janome
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues

Shopping Partners