By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Chat

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Eileen Foster31/08/2021 07:23:40
665 forum posts
339 photos

wedding update. Both girls have booked their venues.

Victoria and Dan have set the date April 27th 2023. So at least 18 months to get all sorts done, not least loose a couple of stone if I can. This is taking place near to home [15 mins]

Elizabeth rang last night to say October 31st 2022 yes 2022, so only 14 months for the diet. I don't think her style of wedding will need input from me but we shall see. I know she doesn't want a ring cushion. But they both know I am more than happy to step up and help. Their venue is about 1 3/4 hrs from her home and ours and the various families.

exciting times ahead. xx

Fiona31/08/2021 11:09:04
3138 forum posts
486 photos

Oh, how exciting! There are no plans like this in my immediate family, nor likely for a very long time. Although I am thinking of making a bed/ table runner for my cousin's daughter's wedding next year.

In the meantime, my eldest is finally moving from lodgings to a tiny flat of her very own. I finally have a use for a rather oddly proportioned quilt I began 2 years ago and did some work on it last week - there's only room for a small double bed so no need for my usual big quilts! Luckily, blue & white fits her coastal theme nicely!

I'm also finishing up an old UFO that I've worked on in stages over the last ten years, I think. I can only figure that because I bought most if the block fabrics on eBay and am still buying from that same seller's shop nowadays - Fiddlesticks Fabrics. This is for my youngest brother as he has a big birthday next month (how did he get to be 50???) Hopefully, eldest and I are going to travel up to Scotland and deliver in person. It's been almost 2.5yrs since we've been, due to Covid, and so many changes in that time.

In other news, youngest passed her first year in "proper" college with distinction & has her induction day for level 3 performing arts tomorrow, with classes beginning next week. Hopefully this year will be much smoother and in person. (Imagine online dance class in our tiny terrace!) I am hoping to begin teaching again and have been enjoying "practising" with a friend's 12 yr old. In the process, her mum has accidentally become addicted to English Paper Piecing 😉

I'm also considering a table at a friend's Christmas fair & thinking which small items will sell best, while at the same time using up stash to maximize profit. Although, it seems I may actually need to shop for Christmas fabrics! 😂

Eileen Foster09/09/2021 08:05:43
665 forum posts
339 photos

wow a lot going on for you too then Fiona.

I too am contemplating attending a craft fair and using my stash stuff. I have lots of Xmas fabric from a spending spree 3 yrs ago. Eileen x

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues

Shopping Partners