By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Chat

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Brenda in OZ26/06/2021 01:35:21
519 forum posts
167 photos
33 articles

Hi Everyone, thank you Sylvia and Eileen for your good wishes. So excited! We are flying to Brisbane on Wednesday to see the family. Haven't hugged them for almost two years. We are fully vaccinated so hoping for the best.

Love to all

Winnie the B.O.L.B26/06/2021 13:09:19
3360 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

I'm not on line so often these days but it's good to see some of the "old"(!!??) familiar names when I am here.

Brenda - just seen the horrible news about the Covid situation in Sydney. I do so hope that doesn't affect your travel plans. I have to admit that Australian geography isn't my strongest suit!!!

Hope you have a lovely time.

Eileen Foster26/06/2021 18:16:55
705 forum posts
362 photos

Oh yes i do hope you manage to get there safely.

Eileen Foster07/07/2021 07:14:46
705 forum posts
362 photos

Still not been that busy sewing and until I declutter my sewing room nothing will happen. Victoria, our youngest girl got engaged back in September last year and her fiance is staying with us as he has a 4 month contract on a nature reserve near us. So before he came a lot of tidying and rearranging of cupboards had to take place. Then his mum came up for a few days. So all the 'stuff' that was dumped in the spare room got dumped in my sewing room.

The joy of her visit was 2 fold. firstly for Dan seeing his mum and secondly we went looking at wedding venues. I think they have decided on which one, now they need to pick a date. Spring 23 is the closest we have so far.

Then our eldest, Elizabeth got engaged too. Their plans are for Autumn 23.

So ladies what would you suggest I sew as possible wedding mementos? they both have 2 quilts each.

Oh but i still have to declutter my room drat! Eileen x

Brenda in OZ07/07/2021 09:00:27
519 forum posts
167 photos
33 articles

Eileen,what wonderful news. I'm so happy for you. I made a wall hanging with wedding pictures rather than a quilt.

Jayne07/07/2021 09:11:37
677 forum posts
118 photos

Eileen, do you like hand sewing? ( Or have a very posh embroidery machine?)

I've seen a large tablecloth where all the guests signed around the borders and it was then embroidered over the ink.

It was an American family and it was brought out every Thanksgiving and people signed again. Some years there were additions, some years it was the last time someone would get to be with the family. Each year in a different colour thread.

Something for them to keep for years and years.

Jayne x

Eileen Foster07/07/2021 12:21:11
705 forum posts
362 photos

I plan to do a x-stitch cushion for the rings and I have been given a suggestion of themed bunting [just need themes!] so that could become a wall hanging later.

I like the idea of a table cloth with signatures. I do hand embroidery and have a machine that would do that too.

I will need to put my thinking cap on - cards etc.

Eileen x

rosemary Rosenfeld07/07/2021 20:06:55
5940 forum posts
1744 photos
13 articles

Great news..I would probably have suggested most of the above! What fun! Rosemary x

Eileen Foster07/07/2021 21:16:03
705 forum posts
362 photos

Victoria would like bunting for the top table to match the colour of the bridesmaids dresses and her dress yippee.

I have remembered I have some of my wedding dress material & lace in my stash and Dan's mum is happy to cut up her dress so I will use them to make the ring cushion. Then both Dan and Toria have something old from us both.

They are going to give wildflower seeds as wedding favours but I will be making the bags to hold them.

Eileen x

rosemary Rosenfeld08/07/2021 18:34:29
5940 forum posts
1744 photos
13 articles

That's a lovely idea for the cushions! Rosemary x

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues

Shopping Partners