By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Chat

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Eileen Foster10/04/2021 07:13:43
643 forum posts
338 photos

that is just an adorable quilt. so cheerful.

wow that is a big decision re downsizing but if you are well and able to then why not? Much better to do it on your terms than have the decision made for you.

as you say as long as you are sewing does it really matter what you make.

Eileen x

Winnie the B.O.L.B10/04/2021 07:35:34
3353 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

What a fabulous wee quilt Brenda - really beautifully made. You are so right about moving house when you are are able to rather than when you HAVE to. We came back to Edinburgh from South West France 2 years ago because of my stupid epilepsy - we decided to do it then for exactly your reasons - all our friends over there said to us, very firmly - go NOW when you have a choice - don't wait until you haven't.Good luck with the actual job of packing up. On the funny side - the company came to give us an estimate for the move, I was out ; when I came home, my husband said that he thought the quote was really good. Then I asked what did he think about all of my fabric and Eric sreplied "oh, I forgot to show him your sewing room - in attic) and we asked to guy to come back. When he saw my room, the quote went up by 25%!!!! Honestly!

Nuff said"- I've never been allowed to forget it.

Edited By Winnie the B.O.L.B on 10/04/2021 07:37:23

Sylvia13/04/2021 17:36:48
2195 forum posts
370 photos

Oh feel for you Brenda but absolutely agree, as long a I can keep sewing and gardening I will be happy.

Love that story Winnie, still chuckling xxx

Reenie14/04/2021 11:11:07
1064 forum posts
154 photos

Lovely wee quilt, Brenda! If you have a lot of fabric, you have just given yourself permission to use it - I like that way of thinking!
Best wishes

Reenie xx

Myra of Cheadle15/04/2021 20:59:16
591 forum posts
128 photos

Greetings Patchwork and Quilting Friends,

It's a long time since I logged on and posted but I receive the email updates...

Things have changed - dd finished her degree last June - without a degree ceremony as yet but she has a copy of the certificate. One week it was announced that study was going online - the following week her care provider phoned me tno Monday to ask if she could come to live with me - or move with some of the household to other staff at a day centre in Matlock. She was in Matlock by Friday. They spent 10 weeks there and returned to Buxton by June 2020. Having finished her degree she started to look for somewhere else. Her Social Worker changed about last September and she moved near Chesterfield lon Wednesday 7th April.

I have just been mainly saying home, keeping safe and quiet. However, today I visited The Patchworks and More in Chapel-en-le-Frith and bought 4 fat quarters and some buttons/embellishments. I had gone for hexagonal templates, searched for them while I was eating my lunch and found that Hobbycraft in Stockport were selling them - but the view from that car park is less scenic than Chapel's. On my return journey I called there and WHSmoth to replace my road atlas and A to Z which were in my car stolen last September! Quite and adventure as we trundle through this road map out of lockdown.

Anyway, tomorrow I am able to voulnteer at Friendly Fridays - my first visit in person since 2nd October 2020! Our VIP visitor, Dorothy was 100 on 5th January, the day after dd was 25 and we went into lockdown. Tomorrow I and others will have the opportunity to sing happy birthday to her and share some cake.

I replaced my windows laptop with a chromebook so I am trying to catch up with technology without being able to meet with friends for advice!

We are making 5 tablecloths - hoping that 40 people can gather in a building some time soon and we can return to having lunch clubs of 40 on 4 tables of 10 and a 5th tablecloth for the "Welcome to Friendly Fridays" table.

I will post this and then try to upload a photograph of it...

TTFN

Myra

Eileen Foster16/04/2021 07:54:53
643 forum posts
338 photos

Well you have had a year of it and meeting up with friends is something I'm looking forward to. Dorothy has done well to get to the big 100. I bet you will have a lovely time.

Congrats to DD on completing her degree, our 's came home March 24th last yr and had to complete her dissertation from home. Not ideal and she also has only a printed at home copy of her certificate. They are hoping that there grad ceremony will go ahead this year.

rosemary Rosenfeld17/04/2021 21:25:39
5904 forum posts
1729 photos
13 articles

Great to hear from you Myra! Isn't it great that life is beginning to get back to normal(ish) ! Best wishes Rosemary x

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ECT
Janome
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues