By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Chat

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
rosemary Rosenfeld14/03/2021 17:57:50
5895 forum posts
1722 photos
13 articles

Thank you Sylvia....they are "sort of mine! A friend , who lives just up the road has a really soooooooper-doooooooper machine with an embroidery "thingy".....which does most of it for you......so she gave me the separate panels.....the one with the green hares ...on the right...so all I had to do was put it together, quilt and bind it. Her own one is on the left! I would love a machine like that but.........!!

Some really good helpful suggestions about finding ones mojo too!!

Rosemary xx

Eileen Foster14/03/2021 21:47:50
640 forum posts
338 photos

Thanks ladies for the suggestions. I have even been watching Sewing Street properly and whilst I have gained some ideas for borders etc I'm not inspired to start anything.

I often look and feel my fabrics but then end up putting them back as they are too special to use just yet!

I keep re-reading my project books but when I find something I fancy making I don't have the right fabrics.

Perhaps I will get some inspiration from the flowers growing in the garden.

Sylvia08/04/2021 13:49:12
2192 forum posts
368 photos

Ha ha Eileen, regarding looking and feeling and putting back. It is because you are still too young! At my age, 77, I look at my vast cupboard full of fabrics etc and think OMG who will deal with this when I die so it makes it much easier to use my favourites!!! lol. xxx

I find that making small useful things for our use or as gifts fills the mojo gaps.

Winnie the B.O.L.B08/04/2021 13:59:57
3353 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Oh Sylvia - I was so glad to read your reply to Eileen's post; I was feeling somewhat guilty having had exactly the same thoughts as you a couple of days ago - not being 21 anymore (73 in fact), I was lying in bed trying to think of who would want ALL of my vast hoard of fabric and got as far as trying to make a list in my head and asking myself if they lived near enough to me to want to come and choose some - or all- of it. I will now try to follow your advice and stop indulging in sin of which we are all guilty - being unable to use our favourite fabrics as then they will no longer be there for that perfect project!!!

Margaret/Winnie xx

Sylvia08/04/2021 17:28:33
2192 forum posts
368 photos

Hi Winnie

Lovely to hear from you. Hope you are doing OK. I have no serious patchwork friends around here so heaven knows what would happen.

I do remember various occasions, via the Quilters Guild when I lived in England, being delighted to buy fabrics, etc., for the benefit of the QG when somebody had died. I still use a very large square ruler I bought and mentally thank the unknown quilter.

Eileen Foster09/04/2021 09:29:59
640 forum posts
338 photos

I am not that young, though it is all relative isn't it? I get a perverse joy thinking my 2 girls would have to sort my sewing room. Problem will be sorting the classic motorbikes of my husband [14 in total plus 2 classic cars]

My eldest girl would happily take most of my stash so it will have a home, hopefully not for many years.

My youngest would take all the embroidery/wools etc as that is her preferred crafting medium.

Hope you are all well and coping during this slow release from lockdown. I am still waiting for my second jab [late May].

Eileen x

Sylvia09/04/2021 10:29:32
2192 forum posts
368 photos

My daughter is a world worker/traveller so can't see her wanting all my stuff, even though she can and does sew occasionally. I love following her adventures but am also envious of friends who have daughters within reach.

I had my first Pfizer last Tuesday with no problems and have appointment for 2nd three weeks after first. Was a slow start for we 70s in Mallorca but seem to be going great guns now.

Margaret S09/04/2021 14:01:15
4027 forum posts
759 photos

Had 2nd astrazeneca jab this morning. First jab made me ill so hope this one is better. Got a bad left shoulder at the moment so had this jab in right arm. This time I wasn't asked if I was pregnant !!!!

Regarding stash, I have been using up some of mine in charity quilts. Not made much of a dent. Only trouble is that I don't like florals or ditsy prints so much of my stash is geometric. Not very child friendly.

Keep safe.

Margaret

maria hewitt09/04/2021 14:53:41
988 forum posts
187 photos

I was wondering what would happen to my stash in years to come, sorted out some very small pieces and will put them on freecycle when it opens up again. I think there is a local tutoring group locally so I will investigate that or maybe a school ihave been trying to finish various bits of sewing, not just quilts, bags seem to be a practical way to use up 3 or 4 fq at a time. Had my second pfizer yesterday, feeling a bit tired and achy today. Have had to make lemon stuff, as dh brought home two dozen lemons, from the wholesaler grocer who lives round the corner he put out assorted veg and fruit leftovers, for a donation, it can produce an interesting culinary challenge!hope you are all doing well.

Maria

Brenda in OZ10/04/2021 02:18:14
509 forum posts
163 photos
33 articles

Well! I am doing this for real. Just sold our home of nearly 40 years and downsizing - we will have 40% of the space we now have so things have to go. I have asked myself the same questions as I sift through all the boxes. How long have I had it? Do I have a plan for it? If I keep it and decide to use it, will I remember where I put it? Solution - I can always have fun buying more fabric.!

This has worked to some extent but I still have more than I will ever get through. The past 15 months have been difficult for everyone. We have both turned 80 in that time and have had serious health issues. I have come to the conclusion that it really doesn't matter what I make so long as I can keep sewing!

This is my latest fun project to cover a premature baby incubator. 'Five in a bed"

finished teddies.jpg

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues