By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Chat

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
rosemary Rosenfeld01/03/2021 17:46:26
5895 forum posts
1722 photos
13 articles

I don't suppose anyone can suggest a fabric that looks like a piece of patchwork...but is really small...to look like a quilt for a dolls house? I don't need anything very big...7 ins square max! Why do I get these ideas?!!

Best Rosemary x

Eileen Foster01/03/2021 18:39:17
641 forum posts
338 photos

how about a piece of gingham there are a range of sizes. I have some that was school uniform stuff that may in fact be poly-cotton. In my scraps I may have red, lilac and possibly pink.. I do have some poly-cotton in a range of colours but that has impressed daisies on it and they are about the size of a 1p coin.

if they are any good let me know and I will see what I can dig out for you.

Eileen x

Winnie the B.O.L.B01/03/2021 19:34:35
3353 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

That sounds like a pretty good idea, Eileen - could well work out really well .

Also, Rosemary, I have a lot of 1" strips which I have used in the past to make patches with ½' finished size. So, if you would like me to, I could make you a wee 7" (or smaller) block with these. My schoolgirl maths tells me that there would be 49 squares in a 7" "quilt". If you'd like that, I'd be happy to make it; one less thing on your plate! I can promise you that my matching seams are really neat - honest! You just need to tell me what sort of colours/style you fancy. No problem if you don't like the idea either - no offence taken!!!!

Margaret/Winnie the B.O.L.B xx

rosemary Rosenfeld02/03/2021 13:26:34
5895 forum posts
1722 photos
13 articles

Thank you both....I have some gingham I could use if all else fails....and Margaret...that is a really kind offer....I'll be in touch if I need to! Rosemary x

Winnie the B.O.L.B02/03/2021 13:29:03
3353 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

You're very welcome Rosemary. Just let me know if you need to.

Margaret xx

Sylvia04/03/2021 08:21:27
2193 forum posts
368 photos

Gosh, that takes me back many years Rosemary. I had a friend whose daughter was a serious dolls house person and I made a tiny quilt for her.

Sylvia08/03/2021 16:04:49
2193 forum posts
368 photos

I am really enjoying the March Hares on my calendar. Are they yours Rosemary?

Eileen Foster13/03/2021 15:59:09
641 forum posts
338 photos

How are we all doing? I seem to have lost my mojo to actually make something, though I am desperate to sew something.

what do you do if you hit the 'wall'?

I am halfway through a knitting project but that is for sitting whilst watching TV.

Eileen x

Reenie14/03/2021 09:45:19
1062 forum posts
154 photos

Hello Eileen, I was thinking about what you said and I came up with a list:

Looking through my stash - touching the fabric, sorting it

Looking at my previous work and admiring

Looking on-line at others’ work

Buy/look at pictures of flowers for inspiration

Going for a walk with a camera and photographing things I like

Realising Spring is starting and thinking of a Spring piece of work

You are a very talented quilter, turning your hand to many different kinds of work. Maybe start with a small Spring posy of primula. What about using Batiks?
Try something new, a new technique - painting on fabric, or couching

I hope I have inspired you! Take care.

Reenie hug xx

maria hewitt14/03/2021 10:28:12
988 forum posts
187 photos

Hello Eileen, I often lose my mojo, hence my multitude of ufo's in many different occupations. I find something small like a pincushion or atc or postcard or mug rug gets me inspired (there are lots in the albums from when we had previous swaps) you don't have to send it, or just thinking /drawing the ideas helps. How about an Easter theme. Could be flowers or bunnies or chicks. Small projects allow you to go wild or try something new without commitment of a big quilt. I have a

Big notepad with more ideas than I will ever carry out, but it helps me to get going. Or just look at all the photos in the albums on this page.

Hope that helps.

Maria.

Hope that helps

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues