By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Chat

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
maria hewitt27/10/2020 16:28:02
983 forum posts
187 photos

Well, that's it empty nest. Have been busy baking for 2,sewing and set up the keyboard not wanted and teaching myself a few tunes.

Fou d enough mojo to sort my haberdashery, cut it down by half, and still have loads. Hoping I can pass bits on via freecycle.

Now to tackle my surplus fabric. Of which there is too much to admit to 😉

Maria.

Eileen Foster28/10/2020 12:56:15
616 forum posts
335 photos

Oh Maria I know how you feel, it is so strange, remembering to remove their favourite food item from the shopping list was one thing hubby took time to adjust too.

We did have an empty nest but the youngest at 23 is back with us. lockdown had her back here to finish her degree and now she is struggling to get a job. preferably in wildlife conservation but at the moment anything. she has lost count of retail jobs she has applied for. It is such a depressing jobs market at present. To make it worse one of her friends committed suicide. The family are devastated and she was not able to go to the funeral.

It is treading on eggshells at the moment but I know it will get better.

I have daughter tidying out my sewing room, putting fabrics of one colour all together etc, it will make it easier to select later ; I hope.

Eileen x

Sylvia05/11/2020 17:17:21
2167 forum posts
359 photos

Rosemary, there is a weird topic here in Chat which I am sure you will delete.

rosemary Rosenfeld05/11/2020 17:48:43
5872 forum posts
1716 photos
13 articles

Do you mean the one about loans? I can't delete "Threads"....only posts! I'll ask Joanna about it! Or is there something else I've missed? Rosemary xx

Winnie the B.O.L.B05/11/2020 22:16:39
3348 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Yes, Sylvia and Rosemary - I've just seen that "they" have been posting since way back in April. Very dodgy looking threads indeed. I've counted 3 in total - there may well be more. I'm sure they won't have caught any of our "group" but I really hope they haven't sucked in any one on the "fringes" of the site. Well done for noticing it Sylvia.

Winnie the B.O.L.B aka Margaret xx

Sylvia06/11/2020 11:12:26
2167 forum posts
359 photos

The one I saw Rosemary was offering obviously dodgy copies of driving licences, passports etc.

Winnie the B.O.L.B06/11/2020 12:52:37
3348 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Yes Sylvia - all 3 of them that I saw have a different angle in the same vein -dodgy licences, passports, loans etc etc.

rosemary Rosenfeld06/11/2020 13:12:01
5872 forum posts
1716 photos
13 articles

They should disappear soon....the "tech bod" has been informed!! Rx

Sylvia08/11/2020 15:23:24
2167 forum posts
359 photos

Saw a great thing on FB today from one of my Palma patchwork ladies. Can't reproduce it here but maybe explain it.

Am sure you have all seen various images with two people facing each other with and without masks and a percentage of the protection.

This was one but at the bottom there was a person without a mask and the other picture was a sewing machine.

0 % obviously. Loved it.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ECT
Janome
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues