By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Chat

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Winnie the B.O.L.B11/01/2020 13:29:37
3338 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Happy New Year to everyone. I''ve not been here very often recently - life is unfortunately very complicated these days but I do still read most of the posts directly in my inbox.

Margaret - I hope your cold is well and truly gone by now - it sounded rotten

The direct link didn't work on my Mac, Rosemary but I managed to link in myself. The work is gorgeous - unfortunately out of reach budget-wise but, as you say, well worth drooling over!!!

Winnie/Margaret xx

Edited By Winnie the B.O.L.B on 11/01/2020 13:30:54

Sylvia13/01/2020 10:26:56
2114 forum posts
349 photos

Morning Winnie, Happy New Year. Hope 2020 will treat you kindly. Hugs, Sylvia xx

Sylvia22/01/2020 11:11:48
2114 forum posts
349 photos

Would anybody like me to send a pack of used stamps? I know someone wanted them in the past for charity.

Brenda in OZ11/02/2020 03:26:46
497 forum posts
159 photos
33 articles

Hi, are any forum members going to Stiges in Spain for the quilting event?

rosemary Rosenfeld11/02/2020 09:22:44
5759 forum posts
1678 photos
13 articles

Sadly no! Rosemary x

Sylvia11/02/2020 09:41:02
2114 forum posts
349 photos

Hi Brenda

I am sure that some of my Palma friends from Cosi Patchwork will be going. I have forgotten when it is??

Are you going? I have been in past, not for many years though and know that it has got better and better. Sitges is lovely too.

Eileen Foster11/02/2020 14:19:34
531 forum posts
298 photos

This is the sort of thing I yearn to do but I am not very travel savvy.

Hope you have fun when you do go.

Brenda in OZ11/02/2020 21:33:27
497 forum posts
159 photos
33 articles

Sadly I'm not going but a good friend of mine is.

She has promised to take lots of pictures so that we can all enjoy it.

Sylvia15/03/2020 13:03:01
2114 forum posts
349 photos

Hello everyone from locked down Spain/Mallorca. Do hope you are all OK.

UK government approach to virus is so different! Who knows which will be most successful/safest. Anyway we are not allowed to leave our houses except for essential food shopping, petrol, doctor, etc. Not even allowed to go out for a walk around the local lanes. My husband was sent back home by a police patrol whilst out cycling this morning!

It is much worse in mainland Spain than here at present and we hope we don't go the same way.

One thing is for sure, those of us with serious hobbies such as sewing are in a much better position than many in this situation. Luckily I have a large garden too. Wish I had got more vegetables in earlier though.

Love and hugs to everyone. xxxxx

Eileen Foster15/03/2020 14:42:28
531 forum posts
298 photos

Hi Sylvia,

glad you are ok. I was talking about this last night with a gardening friend. I'm in 2 minds about the Gov advice here. It does make sense to me but at the same time it does seem to be contrary to the rest of the advice. I'am just aware of the problems faced at the end of the Spanish flu epidemic. My parents remembered it well.

But Gardening on dry days will be good and sewing on wet days is the plan. We still plan to go for rides on the motor bike until we are told otherwise. I've been propagating plants for sale as I give gardening talks. Sadly all cancelled through to June so far.

Sadly most of my hobby groups consist of many vulnerable people and it seems so wrong to inadvertently put them at risk. My youngest girl is worried about uni and if she should come home to us. I've told her to come as we are able to self isolate if need be.

Hope you and yours stay safe and well

Eileen

x

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
The Cotton Patch
ECT
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues