By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Chat

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
rosemary Rosenfeld04/10/2019 17:49:22
5710 forum posts
1661 photos
13 articles

I watched it this afternoon..interesting...but it left a lot of things unsaid ...like what it cost to have a stall at the craft fair...and whether that was taken into account...I would guess it was very expensive! So it's difficult to know how much of the money they took was profit...there was no mention of cost of the materials either!

There were 3 different crafters and some of the advice was non-specific...so I will watch the series!

Rosemary x

Eileen Foster04/10/2019 18:14:03
497 forum posts
289 photos

I've just watched it and I was disappointed by it. The advice we saw was too wishy washy. I also found it interesting that the quilter had his friends construct a quilt. He wasn't 'in it for the money' but I thought that was the point of the programme. When they said the bargello's we priced at £2000 I was gobsmacked. I wonder what Kaffe's quilts sell for or if he does?

I am not sure I will watch it but I will leave the series on record just in case.

.Eileen x

Margaret S05/10/2019 10:49:09
3924 forum posts
705 photos

Watched whilst having breakfast. Much better than I expected, but, as Rosemary said, very vague on costs. Interestingly, the biographies in the preview on the web were more informative than on the actual programme. I think the quilter found that people did not appreciate the time and cost of materials that go into a quilt. Ridiculous to expect them to produce a craft table's amount of work in 4 weeks.

I did learn that you can design using Excel, which is new idea to me. Must give it a try. Will watch again if the crafts interest me.

Margaret

Margaret S29/10/2019 09:18:32
3924 forum posts
705 photos

Sign on Oxford coffee shop window - 'TODAY THE SHOP WILL CLOSE AT 3PM TODAY DUE TO THE SHORT STAFF' !

Margaret

rosemary Rosenfeld13/11/2019 17:01:38
5710 forum posts
1661 photos
13 articles

Congratulations are due to Eileen......if you have seen the latest magazine you will know why!!!

Her "Christmas Wreath table runner" can be found on page 54 and it looks as though her "Rainbow" quilt will be featured in the January issue! Well done Eileen!

Best Rosemary

Edited By rosemary Rosenfeld on 13/11/2019 17:02:02

Margaret S14/11/2019 12:26:19
3924 forum posts
705 photos

Congratulations Eileen. I'll look out for both magazines when I go to Oxford in the next 2 months.

Thanks for the PM. Glad it worked for you.

Hope everyone is staying dry. Our front garden is waterlogged with runoff from the road. Nearby river is in flood and the fields are covered in water. Feel for all those who are badly flooded.

Margaret

Eileen Foster14/11/2019 14:11:19
497 forum posts
289 photos

Thanks Rosemary, I was really chuffed to see it. They do present it well. Both you and Margaret gave me the push I needed to get in touch with the editing team.

Thanks Margaret for your advice on the fmq thread. I didn't have a choice but to use white backing as it was on the blue and white star quilt. I did use the same weight of thread top and bottom. I suspect I was just going too fast. I had noticed the stitch sizes were irregular but that will come with practise.

I delivered it this morning and she was over the moon with it. She wants me to make her a smaller quilt for a single bed but just in white!

Eileen x

We have also got a waterlogged garden and the R Hull is overtopping into some of the lower fields. Lets hope we all stay safe and dry.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sewing Quarter
lewis and irene
The Cotton Patch
Janome
SewAndSo
Sarik
bredons
C&T publishing
Search Press
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues