By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Chat

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Margaret S03/07/2019 15:33:39
3905 forum posts
697 photos

Went into Oxford for my monthly visit yesterday and they actually had the latest P&Q. Loved the giraffe, have an idea for that, and I love the Log Cabin. Bought the magazine, and it was a good read too.

Margaret

rosemary Rosenfeld12/07/2019 12:35:13
5685 forum posts
1659 photos
13 articles

I see you have another great bag design in the August issue....looking forward to getting mine! Rx

maria hewitt17/07/2019 23:30:07
962 forum posts
183 photos

I'm thinking of getting a sizzix or similar to cut out my patches, has anyone got any recommendations or advice

Please

Thanks Maria

Margaret S18/07/2019 16:10:12
3905 forum posts
697 photos

Hi Maria

I have the Sizzix Big Shot and the Big Shot Plus and love both. Both are fairly weighty machines and you need the space to store them as they do not fold up. The Big Shot Plus takes the larger, wider dies, but if you just plan on using it for simpler shapes like squares, hsts, triangles, circles and simpler applique then the Big Shot may suit you and is cheaper!

I am not too convinced on these new electric models, as what happens if something goes wrong with the electrics?

Margaret

Myra of Cheadle18/07/2019 22:12:19
589 forum posts
128 photos

Hello Maria,

I have a Cuttlebug which folds up. I haven't used it much so I will look for the dies, in a shoebox and the cuttlebug itself and give it another go

TTFN Myra

Brenda in OZ21/07/2019 03:07:19
486 forum posts
157 photos
33 articles

Hi Maria, I use a "go cutter" which I like but I think the dies are expensive. I don't know if they are available in the UK.

Our club bought an electric 'Scan & Cut" but only a couple of members used it, it was too complicated and fickle so we sold it. I think it's more suited to card making.

Margaret S21/07/2019 10:57:26
3905 forum posts
697 photos

Mental picture for you - I don't usually do the grocery shop on a Saturday and I had a job to park. Found a space for my small car between 2 'Chelsea Tractors'. Got out of the door o.k. and then got completely stuck, wedged in by the convex sides of the cars. Had to breath in hard, press my ample back side firmly against my car and wriggle free! After doing the shopping I knew that I would get stuck again, so this time I stood on tip toes to get my backside above the convex bulge and tip toe into the car!

Hope no one was watching!

Margaret

Glenda F26/07/2019 06:39:24
1643 forum posts
218 photos

Hi everyone

it's been a long time since I been on here but have been looking at what you all have been doing .

work and family issues have been getting in the way

Margaret just love your story of you parking your car and then having to get out of it and back in it again

Glenda

Sylvia02/08/2019 13:50:06
2085 forum posts
342 photos

Hi everyone from me too,

I haven't forgotten you all but we changed internet provider and I changed my computer and it's summer and my veg. garden needs LOTS of attention and my daughter and S in L are here SO.... I am not dead and am going to enjoy all your reports of FoQ next week when things quieten down. xxxx

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Support Our Partners
Janome
lewis and irene
Sewing Quarter
Crafting Live
The Cotton Patch
C&T publishing
Search Press
bredons
SewAndSo
Sarik
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues