By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Chat

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Eileen Foster03/04/2019 17:02:39
441 forum posts
249 photos

I enjoyed it on the whole but was cross that they didn't penalise if the product wasn't finished off properly. I was pleased that Juliet won as she had the best finishes on her garments overall. as for weights and rotary cutter I'm with you there Margaret. They should penalise for not following instructions too. that made me equally frustrated. Dare I say I don't like Stuart and I don't remember who charlotte is.

I did prefer the other woman, cant remember her name though. My eldest girl did a uni work placement with Patrick and she said he was so helpful and generous of his time. sadly she didn't get offered a job.

I thought Joe was a brilliant foil to them all and his dress sense was so off the wall that he wasn't competing with the designs.

Eileen xx

Edited By Eileen Foster on 03/04/2019 17:03:25

Brenda in OZ04/04/2019 02:15:40
479 forum posts
155 photos
33 articles

Hello Everyone,

I'm sorry I've been AWOL over the past week or so. Thank you to everyone for your kind words about my mini quilt. It was fun taking part but the best bit was finding a new friend. Kaye and I get on so well. I hope to meet her some day.

I would loved to have seen the TV programme you mention. We did get some of the previous ones from years ago when they had to make a dress on a Singer Featherweight machine!

Congratulations on reaching the final stages of the FOQ quilt Rosemary. You have taken on a big job there and I for one would like to say thank you for all your efforts.

I have been busy preparing a bag project for a future issue of P & Q and that has kept us busy plus making samples for a workshop for our quilt group. We are off on a weekend retreat at the beginning of next month. 40 of us are taking to the hills for an indulgent weekend of sewing, shopping and just having fun.

Enjoy your stitching!

Brenda in OZ.

Edited By Brenda in OZ on 04/04/2019 02:17:27

Irene B04/04/2019 09:35:03
4433 forum posts
405 photos

Hi Brenda,

Sounds like your retreat is going to be full of fun!! I've been AWOL for ages too, but I have been stitching.

Irene x

Edited By Irene B on 04/04/2019 09:35:36

rosemary Rosenfeld20/04/2019 12:13:21
5619 forum posts
1548 photos
13 articles

Good afternoon everyone....and Happy Easter to you all! Fancy having a warm and sunny bank holiday!!! Rx

Winnie the B.O.L.B20/04/2019 22:18:55
3329 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

And we thought it was a good idea to leave our sun terrace parasols behind us in the Dordogne!!! We actually had to take shade in the house up here in Edinburgh!!!!

Hope you all had your sun screen at the ready!

Winnie/Margaret xx

rosemary Rosenfeld10/05/2019 09:09:32
5619 forum posts
1548 photos
13 articles

Good morning everyone...sorry I have not been here very much but I have been busy........with the quilt for FoQ.....which is coming along nicely...... with making small item (purses.....doggie bandanas...baby bibs) to help Scarlet raise the money she needs for a trip next year and still making baby quilts......one of which has just been sold locally! So I will have to make another to replace it!!

Are you all still busy sewing? Don't forget to share photos when you can please!

Best Rosemary

Eileen Foster10/05/2019 09:41:08
441 forum posts
249 photos

Yes I am still sewing, at the moment I am making a table runner as a wedding present for a friend. Once it has gone to the happy couple I will post a photo. I am also thinking about sewing some summer clothes soon.

Eileen

x

Margaret S10/05/2019 11:38:48
3882 forum posts
687 photos

I'm still sewing too and I really must find the time to photo 2 quilts that I have finished. I've not been well for the last 3 days with some kind of stomache problem, but things seem easier today and I've been sewing this morning - one quilt is still in the assembling and another needs the binding. I've also found a 2007 UFO which will be the next thing to sort out.

With most of our quilting fabric coming from the USA and made in China I am really worried about the extra 15% tax that will be going on fabric. If it goes ahead, maybe time to think of quickly increasing our stashes as fabric is expensive enough already.

Happy quilting.

Margaret

Linda Dodwell10/05/2019 12:01:53
3 forum posts

I too, am concerned about the possibility of price increases as the result of Trumps actions! I am American, but have lived in the UK for many years, and have always felt aggrieved by the costs of fabric here....paying in £ the same amount I could buy in the States for $...it just doesn’t seem fair! However, increasing stash ‘just in case’ seems like a good plan....!!

rosemary Rosenfeld10/05/2019 17:49:17
5619 forum posts
1548 photos
13 articles

Has anyone looked at the info about the latest issue ( June) of the magazine ......you might find a familiar name somewhere! Rx

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
The Cotton Patch
Crafting Live
Sewing Quarter
Janome
lewis and irene
Search Press
C&T publishing
bredons
SewAndSo
Sarik
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues