By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Chat

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
rosemary Rosenfeld11/03/2019 12:38:27
5596 forum posts
1544 photos
13 articles

Fortunately there was very little"frog stich" needed! Just a lot of concentration! I think I have it sorted now..just loads of drunkards path blocks to make now! I have a picture somewhere! Rx

rosemary Rosenfeld11/03/2019 13:07:15
5596 forum posts
1544 photos
13 articles

Fortunately I used EQ5 to help design the quilt....so was able to print a copy and draw/write all over it!

this one.jpg

That has made life easier. It uses plain fabrics on a pale grey background!! Rx

Edited By rosemary Rosenfeld on 11/03/2019 13:07:48

rosemary Rosenfeld13/03/2019 14:01:50
5596 forum posts
1544 photos
13 articles

Good afternoon everyone.... according to "The Quilt Show"...it is International Quilting day/weekend ...this coming weekend!

So............

"They" have lots of free shows to watch over the weekend......... and......

I think we should all try to "do" some quilting at some point! Rx

Myra of Cheadle13/03/2019 17:40:58
588 forum posts
128 photos

Greetings Rosemary,

I hope to do some patchwork on Friday at Friendly Fridays, I am making a Welcome to Friendly Fridays tablecloth as a collaberative project... I cut some hexagons out this morning for others to join.

I have a job interview tomorrow so I am hoping I will be sucessful...

Which day is quilting day?

Nearly time to eat, so I will let you know over the weekend my patchwork and work success?

TTFN

Myra

Brenda in OZ13/03/2019 21:06:48
475 forum posts
155 photos
33 articles

Hi. Our quilt guild is hosting a special day tomorrow and we all have to bring our favorite quilting gadget. What would yours be? I am taking my safety pin fastener that I use when I pin a large quilt. I have a couple of favorites but in general I'm not a big fan of gadgets.

rosemary Rosenfeld13/03/2019 22:19:23
5596 forum posts
1544 photos
13 articles

Does a sewing machine count as a gadget? Rx

Jayne13/03/2019 22:28:57
673 forum posts
116 photos

Our (great) grandmothers would have thought so Rosemary, so I don't see why not.

I'd not heard of that one Brenda.

Mine is my rotary cutter (and mat please).

Jayne x

Brenda in OZ14/03/2019 06:14:56
475 forum posts
155 photos
33 articles

My sewing machine is a gadget I suppose but it's really just my third arm! It's never far away and always in use.

Jayne, the fastener is great when you have a big quilt to pin out. I always put my pin is but don't fasten them until I've finished. That way if I make a mistake I don't have to unpin it all. I'll take a picture and post it here over the weekend.

Brendasmiley

Winnie the B.O.L.B14/03/2019 08:17:00
3324 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Hi Brenda,

My first time back on here for a long while - chaotic life to blame. However, my favourite gadget is my “special” unpicker which is a fairly standard one EXCEPT for the “rubberry” end which is for rubbing on your unpicked seam line and it lifts all of the unpicked threads away. Magic and I wouldn’t be without it now. Hope your quilt day goes well.
Cheers,
Margaret/Winnie
Winnie the B.O.L.B14/03/2019 08:18:18
3324 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Not sure why "I" am so bold and large - didn't think my "return: was all that important!!

Margaret/Winnie x

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Popular Patchwork or Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Popular Patchwork & Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
Sewing Quarter
lewis and irene
The Cotton Patch
bredons
C&T publishing
SewAndSo
Search Press
Sarik
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues