rosemary Rosenfeld03/03/2019 14:26:39
5596 forum posts
1544 photos
13 articles

Good result Margaret! Do you have plans for your profit? Rx

Eileen Foster03/03/2019 18:22:11
421 forum posts
242 photos

that is a great result Margaret. I do similar things with plants that I have divided and have spare. I don't have unused unwanted craft stuff. Yet!

Eileen

x

Carol B03/03/2019 20:03:41
2996 forum posts
776 photos
2 articles

Rosemary - look forward to seeing your project.

Margaret - well done, not only have you made some space but you got paid for doing so - win/win.

Carol face 23

Margaret S04/03/2019 19:54:07
3868 forum posts
686 photos

Rosemary, I hadn't thought about what to do with the money, though I have had a lucky 3 weeks. I've had 3 numbers on the lottery, a small amount of birthday money, a premium bond and now this sale money. Need to put thinking cap on.

Carol, sadly the space has already been filled with other hoarded stuff that had not been put away. I've put my name down for another table in about 6 months.

Sadly, even at 50p books were not selling.

Margaret

Carol B07/03/2019 14:42:33
2996 forum posts
776 photos
2 articles

Margaret,

I know the feeling about space, every time I use some fabric from my drawers it is immediately replaced with more from the bags I have on the spare bed. Goodness knows where I will put the bags when our GD next stays with us.

Shame about books - few people seem to want them these days - every thing on their Ipads/smart phones I guess. I still believe you can't beat the feel of curling up with a good book and being able to turn paper pages. Just an old fashioned girl!

Carol face 23

rosemary Rosenfeld09/03/2019 19:31:45
5596 forum posts
1544 photos
13 articles

I need to let of a bit of steam / clear my head! You may remember me talking about a drunkards path quilt for DS and his partner...so far so good! But I didn't buy enough background fabric...I managed to buy more...vut it's a different dye lot....and it sticks out like a sore thumb..to me!

So because of the pattern..there are distinct areas where the background doesn't actually touch another area! So I have spent the day marking and counting how many of one lot...and of course of the other lot as well! Clear enough so far? If it is....great...perhaps you can help ! If not...welcome to my world!

Thanks for listening..I feel better already! Rosemary x

Carol B09/03/2019 19:40:31
2996 forum posts
776 photos
2 articles

Oh Rosemary, how frustrating for you. I suspect many of us have been in a similar position on rare occasions where we just did not have enough fabric. Thankfully I have been able to change the colour patterns without major unpicking but just trying to get your head around it all can be a complete nightmare.

I wish you luck and patience, I am sure you will get there in the end and your quilt will be brilliant. In the meantime I hope the fog in your world starts to clear quickly and settles back into beautiful patterns,

Carol face 23rose

Eileen Foster09/03/2019 21:32:19
421 forum posts
242 photos

Oh dear Rosemary. Yes I follow what you are doing, I have had a similar problem in the past. Do you actually need help or is it a rhetorical plea?

glad you feel better having got it off your chest.

eileen

x

rosemary Rosenfeld09/03/2019 21:44:42
5596 forum posts
1544 photos
13 articles

Rhetorical! Many thanks! Rx

Sylvia11/03/2019 09:01:38
2083 forum posts
342 photos

What a pain Rosemary. Good luck with that one. Unpicking is not an option I choose at my advanced age!!! Would be tempted to quilt in various different colours to make it less obvious lol xxx

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Popular Patchwork or Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Popular Patchwork & Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
Sewing Quarter
lewis and irene
The Cotton Patch
bredons
C&T publishing
SewAndSo
Search Press
Sarik
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues