By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Chat

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Eileen Foster23/02/2019 13:43:40
489 forum posts
280 photos

That looks good and I have a friend who is expecting a grandchild so it looks like something I could do. Were you thinking of putting a time limit on it? or is it just up to us to do it as and when?

also were you thinking of a birthday club as in previous years or has that died a death?

rosemary Rosenfeld23/02/2019 13:48:57
5702 forum posts
1661 photos
13 articles

Good morning Eileen.....I was waiting to see what interest there was before going any further with the idea....I'll let you know!!

As far as the birthday club goes.........I had very very little response...just 2 others....so it didn't seem worth it!

Sorry! Rx

Myra of Cheadle23/02/2019 19:16:20
589 forum posts
128 photos

Greetings from Cheadle to Rosemary and Winnie,

I rejoined the digital age last October and have still to catch my tablet up with my phone...

But my tablet doesn't yet have a sim card..

However may I update all of you?

I have finished the Thursday at One wall hanging and it has been hung. I also finished a hexagonal wall hanging for my home essentially rainbow colours, that hangs from the picture rail.

My next group project is a Welcome to Friendly Fridays tablecloth, which will be added to the sign in table most Fridays and moved to Gorsey Bank Park when we picnic there in the warmer weather. I am doing the lettering applique onto curtain samples joined first, others will add hexagons and I hope to have a teddy bear or more in the border for the picnics.

Dove Holes Patchers was postponed in February because of the snow and Kate and I didn't then go the next Saturday, hoping to both make it next week, with a visit to the Pavillion Arts Centre the next week for the Lego movie 2.

TTFN Myra 😊🎢🦉 i

I will upload photos later, probably tomorrow as I have to reset my password

Myra of Cheadle24/02/2019 07:55:18
589 forum posts
128 photos

Just uploaded some photos, in a 2019 update album and viewed it. The photos were cropped when memory card was taken from old phone to new one but seem rectangular on my tablet... so they are not really cropped but because of my left-handedness probably not all the right way up.

Kate and I discussed sailing yesterday, I passed Start Yachting in August 2018 and am studying for RYA Essential Navigation and Seamanship theory course for this summer. Possible voyages could be Lowestoft to Whitby or Inverkip to Inverness this summer

I remembered my password from yesterday so I hope I can remember it again soon.

I like Winnie's idea but can't think of a way to add it to Friendly Fridays but might add a letter or number as the tablecloth progresses.

TTFN Myra

Sylvia26/02/2019 09:05:06
2086 forum posts
342 photos

I often think about Katie and wonder how she is. I believe one or two of you are in touch with her?? Please give her my love if so and if she would welcome an email from me I would love to "talk" with her.

rosemary Rosenfeld26/02/2019 22:29:17
5702 forum posts
1661 photos
13 articles

Carole /Thimble spoke to her last...and she was fine! Rx

Carol B27/02/2019 17:02:49
3002 forum posts
776 photos
2 articles

Sylvia,

I have just sent you a PM

Myra,

Good to see you back on the forum. Sounds like you are enjoying your sailing.

Thimble face 23

rosemary Rosenfeld02/03/2019 12:18:57
5702 forum posts
1661 photos
13 articles

Good morning everyone......sorry I have not been here much recently.....I am the process of just completing a new project for the magazine for later in the year....so I have been busy!

Once that is in the post I am going to try out some of the letters.....I have lots of ideas.....just lacking in time....and of course I have the quilt for FoQ 2019 to finish as well!! Rx

Sylvia03/03/2019 09:33:11
2086 forum posts
342 photos

Hi Rosemary, don't stress, everything sounds like great fun, well done you xxx

Margaret S03/03/2019 13:40:08
3917 forum posts
705 photos

Sorry, the 'Letter Challenge' is not for me, although I will enjoy seeing yours. At the start of the year I did think about it when quilters were talking about 'Inspirational Word of the Year' mini quilts, but I have a set of Sizzix alphabet dies!

Yesterday, one of my local churches had a 'Craft Room Clearout Sale'. I had a table and took £71, which was £63 profit. I thought that wasn't bad for not having to do any work other than sort out some stuff I no longer used/wanted. I would have been happy to have just covered the cost of the table.

Margaret

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
The Cotton Patch
Sewing Quarter
Janome
lewis and irene
Crafting Live
Search Press
SewAndSo
bredons
Sarik
C&T publishing
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues