5619 forum posts
1548 photos
13 articles

Quite right Maria...Sewing Bee is repeated on Saturday,early evening! Rx

Sue 6213/02/2019 00:05:51
593 forum posts
29 photos

Hi everyone,

I have just managed to sort out my password problems!

Firstly I had the same problem this evening but with sewing group so I've just downloaded GBSB to watch now Shetland is recorded ready for tomorrow.

Secondly I only received my magazine on Saturday Valerie so maybe yours is with you now.

Thirdly I have enjoyed seeing all the finished works and loved the glorious colours.

Hopefully my password won't go AWOL again!

Sue*

Brenda in OZ16/02/2019 21:01:25
479 forum posts
155 photos
33 articles

Curious question. Is there a firm bag wadding readily available in UK quilting shops? We have a product called Matilda's own. It's reasonably priced and easy to work with

I have Used the foam wadding but find it's quite expensive.

rosemary Rosenfeld16/02/2019 21:30:28
5619 forum posts
1548 photos
13 articles

Good evening Brenda..... I know what you mean about the cost of that wadding! But it is lovely to work with! I have used a bonded curtain lining...much cheaper...really firm...and works well in bags! I used to buy it from the market stall.. but they have closed and I have some in stock..what I am going to do when I have used it all!! Rx

Marian C17/02/2019 08:13:54
58 forum posts
24 photos

I used a foam product called Bosal In R Form for bagmaking, which gives a nice shape to bags but is VERY expensive for the amount you get. The one I bought was fusible on one side, but I found that my outer fabric looked wrinkly when it was ironed on. A much cheaper alternative is Car Headliner fabric, available on an auction site - it is used to line the inside of the roof of cars. It is a thin foam (3-4 mm) with a thin layer of fabric to hold it together - it is not fusible, but you can use a temporary spray adhesive if required.

Brenda in OZ17/02/2019 22:31:04
479 forum posts
155 photos
33 articles

Thank you Rosemary & Marian for your suggestions,

I think we all explore outside the square when it comes to saving money!

Just working on a new bag design and try to use as many alternative products as possible.

rosemary Rosenfeld18/02/2019 17:32:57
5619 forum posts
1548 photos
13 articles

I have bought Matilda's Own....printable fabric...about 4 by 6 ins...which I use for quilt labels! I only have a couple left so I will have to see if I can remember where I got it! Rx

rosemary Rosenfeld18/02/2019 18:30:53
5619 forum posts
1548 photos
13 articles

Oh dear... I can't find a supplier over here at the moment...but I did find Matilda's Own bag wadding at thesewingstudio....costing £11 a metre! I don't know about postage! R x

rosemary Rosenfeld18/02/2019 18:34:05
5619 forum posts
1548 photos
13 articles

And from Doughty's @ £8.99 p metre

rosemary Rosenfeld22/02/2019 09:06:20
5619 forum posts
1548 photos
13 articles

Good morning everyone....is anyone up for a challenge?

Margaret/Winnie sent me a link the other day ......because she knew I would probably be really taken with it.

And she was quite right!

Here is the link.........

**LINK**

This led me to find all the files and download them!! And then she sent me the numbers as well!!

So.......I wondered whether anyone else would like to "do" something with these patterns?

It could be anything you fancy.....quilt/bag/cushion/anything else!! as long as it has at least one letter or number!!

Best Rosemary

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
The Cotton Patch
lewis and irene
Sewing Quarter
Crafting Live
Janome
Sarik
bredons
C&T publishing
SewAndSo
Search Press
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues