5570 forum posts
1541 photos
13 articles

Quite right Maria...Sewing Bee is repeated on Saturday,early evening! Rx

Sue 6213/02/2019 00:05:51
593 forum posts
29 photos

Hi everyone,

I have just managed to sort out my password problems!

Firstly I had the same problem this evening but with sewing group so I've just downloaded GBSB to watch now Shetland is recorded ready for tomorrow.

Secondly I only received my magazine on Saturday Valerie so maybe yours is with you now.

Thirdly I have enjoyed seeing all the finished works and loved the glorious colours.

Hopefully my password won't go AWOL again!

Sue*

Brenda in OZ16/02/2019 21:01:25
471 forum posts
153 photos
33 articles

Curious question. Is there a firm bag wadding readily available in UK quilting shops? We have a product called Matilda's own. It's reasonably priced and easy to work with

I have Used the foam wadding but find it's quite expensive.

rosemary Rosenfeld16/02/2019 21:30:28
5570 forum posts
1541 photos
13 articles

Good evening Brenda..... I know what you mean about the cost of that wadding! But it is lovely to work with! I have used a bonded curtain lining...much cheaper...really firm...and works well in bags! I used to buy it from the market stall.. but they have closed and I have some in stock..what I am going to do when I have used it all!! Rx

Marian C17/02/2019 08:13:54
58 forum posts
24 photos

I used a foam product called Bosal In R Form for bagmaking, which gives a nice shape to bags but is VERY expensive for the amount you get. The one I bought was fusible on one side, but I found that my outer fabric looked wrinkly when it was ironed on. A much cheaper alternative is Car Headliner fabric, available on an auction site - it is used to line the inside of the roof of cars. It is a thin foam (3-4 mm) with a thin layer of fabric to hold it together - it is not fusible, but you can use a temporary spray adhesive if required.

Brenda in OZ17/02/2019 22:31:04
471 forum posts
153 photos
33 articles

Thank you Rosemary & Marian for your suggestions,

I think we all explore outside the square when it comes to saving money!

Just working on a new bag design and try to use as many alternative products as possible.

rosemary Rosenfeld18/02/2019 17:32:57
5570 forum posts
1541 photos
13 articles

I have bought Matilda's Own....printable fabric...about 4 by 6 ins...which I use for quilt labels! I only have a couple left so I will have to see if I can remember where I got it! Rx

rosemary Rosenfeld18/02/2019 18:30:53
5570 forum posts
1541 photos
13 articles

Oh dear... I can't find a supplier over here at the moment...but I did find Matilda's Own bag wadding at thesewingstudio....costing £11 a metre! I don't know about postage! R x

rosemary Rosenfeld18/02/2019 18:34:05
5570 forum posts
1541 photos
13 articles

And from Doughty's @ £8.99 p metre

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Popular Patchwork or Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Popular Patchwork & Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sewing Quarter
Janome
The Cotton Patch
lewis and irene
Sarik
Search Press
bredons
SewAndSo
C&T publishing
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues