By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Chat

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
rosemary Rosenfeld10/12/2018 12:50:06
5636 forum posts
1548 photos
13 articles

Good morning everyone.....how are you all doing in Quilt-land? Busy finishing presents and decorations.....or are you all super efficient this year?

I have a question for you.....has anyone "done" a craft fair/bazaar recently? It was our village on Saturday and was very very disappointing.....very few people came and those who did come weren't buying a great deal!! Is it just our village? Or more wide spread this year? Just wondering!

Best Rosemary

rosemary Rosenfeld10/12/2018 13:22:44
5636 forum posts
1548 photos
13 articles

**LINK**

Here is a link to an article from the Guardian this Saturday! Rx

Margaret S10/12/2018 15:02:26
3897 forum posts
693 photos

Can't answer your question Rosemary, except that there was a Craft Fayre in Broad Street, Oxford today. Pretty Christmas stalls and plenty of people, but they were buying food, ( speciality jams & curds, cheeses, booze and food to eat on the spot), and things from a wild bird stall. They were not buying the gifty items. Must admit that I looked but nothing tempted me to buy.

Margaret

Margaret S10/12/2018 15:13:53
3897 forum posts
693 photos

Are wholesalers doing their best to stop us buying quilting magazines?

Before the demise of PP, it was no longer stocked in our village. P&Q is equally difficult to find. Not seen it in Oxford for over 2 months. I've just managed to find a copy of Love Patchwork & Quilting. Modern Quilting has just been stopped by it's publishers in USA, and the comments there were that people couldn't find it in the shops.

Now if I wanted a crochet, sewing or knitting magazine, it is a different story. Maybe all the Quilting magazines sell out super fast, but we don't all want subscriptions.

Margaret

Edited By Margaret S on 10/12/2018 15:14:49

Eileen Foster10/12/2018 20:51:07
462 forum posts
264 photos

Hi Rosemary, I did a craft stall on the 1st of December in our village hall. I made £51 but that was 2 advent calendars, 2 play mats, an apron, oven gloves and tree decorations. There were about 70 people through the stalls but very little was sold, 2 people didn't even make enough to cover the table fee of £12. The comment I heard over and over again was , 'same stuff' as last year or not paying that I can get similar at the poundland.' I did point out that these were hand made etc and didn't cover labour costs.

I agree Margaret, Morrison's didn't have any patchwork magazines and they said there wasn't the demand for them. Well I want one so that's demand. I wonder how many people just don't ask.

Eileen

x

pamela jeffrey10/12/2018 22:26:49
3192 forum posts
114 photos

Hello

I have got back into doing craft fairs. Seems like hard work now.

Did one last Saturday I was the only craft stall. Book, raffle, tombola and a bric a brac stall

Only 1 1/2 hours made £61.00 Which was very good.

Last one next week for this year. Making charity quilts now for care homes. To use up all my fabric

Not sure if I will do them next year.

Pam

Jayne10/12/2018 23:53:02
675 forum posts
118 photos

20181130 - st margarets school.jpgYou asked about Craft Fairs Rosemary,

I did my first ever craft fair at the local Primary School PTA Christmas Fair, There was the usual toy (mostly £1-2 each) and sweet stalls guaranteed winners, I was the only stall where they had to put their hand in their pockets, although I had items at £1 upwards. When I looked at my stall at the end I was a little despondent at how much stock I brought home with me.

But when I looked at what I'd sold I was really pleased, Stall fee £10, 2 hours, total sales £90, take home £80. For a first attempt I'm really pleased and will do more next year. Plus I sold another £25 to friends after the Fair.

This is my stall.

Sylvia11/12/2018 08:09:56
2083 forum posts
342 photos

Well done Jayne, lots of work and thought gone into that.

Sylvia11/12/2018 08:35:42
2083 forum posts
342 photos

Urgggg*******

I just cannot load photos into my albums. It takes ages trying and then gives message

sorry - the page you requested cannot be displayed at this time. Please try again later.

Jayne11/12/2018 22:45:14
675 forum posts
118 photos

Thank you Sylvia. Sewing is such great therapy for me; hubby has been known to 'send' me to my machine.

Jayne xx

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sewing Quarter
lewis and irene
Janome
The Cotton Patch
Crafting Live
Sarik
SewAndSo
bredons
C&T publishing
Search Press
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues