By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Chat

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Margaret S26/11/2018 14:22:14
3830 forum posts
679 photos
Hi Maria

I have the Sizzix Big Shot and the Sizzix Big Shot Plus and love them both. I am not sure that dies come in as large as 6" squares though. I don't often cut squares but they are great for cutting triangles.

Sizzix can also be used for paper craft, etc, whilst the Accuquilt is just for fabric.

Cotton Patch have a good Sizzix information ebook on their website and there are some good priced starter sets about.

If you want any more advice on Sizzix please ask. Buying dies get addictive, and costly. I have a rather large stash of them!

Margaret
rosemary Rosenfeld26/11/2018 14:48:52
5491 forum posts
1515 photos
13 articles

I'm sorry.........I can't help you Maria......I have no experience with either!

I was chatting to Margaret(Winnie) yesterday and she suggested something she finds useful! As you know she has seizures and has always been worried about accidents as a result of them....especially with irons and ironing. She looked at one of the fancy irons....as used in the Missouri Star videos......there were 2 problems though.......they cost hundreds of dollars and then.....they don't work over here unless you spend a lot more money.....so.......! She went looking for alternatives and came up with a silicon iron rest.......which is available online from various places and costs less than £5.00!! She bought one and has been trying it out over the weekend......and is really pleased with it. She left her iron on it all yesterday afternoon......on full...without any problems!

Best Rosemary

Margaret S26/11/2018 15:03:02
3830 forum posts
679 photos

Hi Rosemary

I have got a couple of those on order, although I think they are on a slow boat from China, so pleased to hear that they work. Mine cost under £2 each from that well known website, post free. We will see if they are as good as the dearer ones.

Margaret

Edited By Margaret S on 26/11/2018 15:03:52

Winnie the B.O.L.B26/11/2018 16:33:09
3313 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Hi Margaret

I got mine from "that well known website" - I paid £4.50 for mine (P&P free) but it did come within 2 days delivery from the UK!!! It is the same red " bubble material" that they use to make these magical baking tins etc these days - Rosemary made me realise that when I was trying to describe it to her over the phone - so that is why they can take the intense heat from the iron as well.

It is great because it solves 2 problems for me.

1) My sense of balance/stability is very poor and I am always worrying about overbalancing the iron if I have it standing up on its heel.

2) It is time consuming/"tiring" to have to lift the iron constantly between horizontal and vertical.

I use my little travel iron beside my sewing machine and just to lay the wee iron back down each time as I shift a piece of fabric or something rather than have to get it vertical again etc etc - it is so much more relaxing and it truly doesn't burn/melt - or do anything else horrible. I have also tried it out with my "full-sized" iron, doing exactly the same thing and I am thrilled with it.

Hope I've made sense - not in top communicating form recently - speech patterns can be iffy!!

Margaret/Winnie

Margaret S28/11/2018 14:20:21
3830 forum posts
679 photos

Thanks for the description, Winnie.

Mine arrived today, labelled on the customs form as 'bath mats'!!! Reason for getting them from China - Secret Santa budget set at a miserly £2, as 'it makes us put our thinking caps on.'! One for me and one for Santa.

Margaret

Edited By Margaret S on 28/11/2018 14:21:48

Winnie the B.O.L.B28/11/2018 16:25:07
3313 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

I did actually order them from China way back - in France - to make extra sure that we were protecting the Mayor's posh table when we were having our weekly group - I bought it, not realising I could lay fully switched on irons down on them!! It was never used the way I am now using it!! Your Secret Santa was definitely being just a wee bitty mean - hope they are the same quality but probably are - how do they do it from China, including, so often, P&P in the tiny prices!!

Happy pressing!

Margaret/Winnie xx

rosemary Rosenfeld30/11/2018 20:09:23
5491 forum posts
1515 photos
13 articles

KIRSTIE 'S NEW SERIES. Just a reminder that there is a new handmade Xmas series starting on channel 4 on Monday..can't remember when at the moment! Rx

Sylvia07/12/2018 16:35:13
2061 forum posts
338 photos

Help please. Has anyone found out how to twist photos r or left or from upside down when they load like that into our albums? I am trying to put up a few photos of my patchwork weekend to show you all but so far we are all sewing on the ceiling!

rosemary Rosenfeld07/12/2018 18:03:29
5491 forum posts
1515 photos
13 articles

Hi Sylvia..it is always a problem if you use your phone! The only way I have solved it is by editing it on the computer and saving a slightly different version! That usually works.....but not always . Rx

Sylvia07/12/2018 18:30:49
2061 forum posts
338 photos

Thanks Rosemary I will try that first but the last two times I have tried an upload it has not worked at all. We do have a very slow internet line and it takes ages just to do one photo and then at the end it says the site is not available or something like that. Urgggg.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Popular Patchwork or Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Popular Patchwork & Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
lewis and irene
The Cotton Patch
Janome
Sewing Quarter
Sarik
bredons
SewAndSo
C&T publishing
Search Press
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues