By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Chat

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Eileen Foster18/10/2018 13:15:46
345 forum posts
202 photos

oh poor Margaret. my daughter had a similar problem in wales, took 3 weeks before it was sorted even though they were taking money. When they said the engineer had called and no one was in I took the phone and replied how odd as I was weeding in the front garden all day and no sign of any van etc came down the street. I would also be in the garden the following day and expected a visit or I would go to the local radio/tv station. they turned up and one of the chaps said the engineer assigned to us often went fishing but the bosses didn't know. They do now.

Pass on my best wishes to her too.

Eileen

x

Sylvia19/10/2018 09:36:54
2051 forum posts
337 photos

Hi everyone

Back home and reasonably sorted after a lovely trip to my brother in Kingston, Ontario.

My other brother was here house sitting but had gone off to the mountains for a couple of nights for walking during what was the worst of the storms elsewhere. Fortunately it was not so bad here, BUT on another one of the many storms we have had lately our tv and oven were both zapped! I had never heard of an oven going before. It needed 3 new elements before it worked again, heaven knows about the tv. Fortunately we have a spare and don't watch it much anyway.

Further up the East coast was the disaster zone which was terrible. 13 people have died as a result of it and of course many are still out of their houses. Our English speaking group here have donated a significant amount from our charity fund and people have volunteered for the cleanup. Weather is still very dramatic with storms every other day. What have we done to our planet?

Now I must dust off the sewing machine and get going, firstly on blocks for FoQ 19.

Reenie19/10/2018 10:35:23
1029 forum posts
149 photos

Glad to hear you are safe and sound, Sylvia!

That’s a lot of people to have died in such a small area.

Take care

Reenie xx

Irene B28/10/2018 07:28:18
4429 forum posts
405 photos

Hi Sylvia, I'm so glad to hear that you are safe. I did think about you at the time of the storm. I feel very sad that so many died and the devastation caused by the flooding.

Take care, Love, Irene xx

rosemary Rosenfeld28/10/2018 08:42:49
5465 forum posts
1512 photos
13 articles

wp_20181027_13_42_55_pro.jpgwp_20181027_13_43_06_pro.jpg

rosemary Rosenfeld28/10/2018 08:45:24
5465 forum posts
1512 photos
13 articles

Here are the monsters for this years village trail! From The Little Mermaid!

Sorry they are on their sides!

Best Rosemary

rosemary Rosenfeld01/11/2018 16:30:35
5465 forum posts
1512 photos
13 articles

Hi everyone.......do have a look at my new thread/challenge.....make a Christmas stocking!! R xx

maria hewitt01/11/2018 17:08:41
947 forum posts
174 photos

love your monsters Rosemary, Im not a halloween person though. stems from chikdhood, and leaving a broom outside the door so the witches knew not to bother us. I did read on fb that someone put tabletsor drugs ofsomesort in a childs goodie bag, oh dear, i remember pins in apples one year in the 70's.sad

went to watch ..finally.... a concert that my daughter was lighting, rainbowin brighton, a band called superorganism. i didnt think i would enjoy it, but i was jiggling away, the performance outweighed the tunes, which didnt sound great on their own. she said it was rubbish lighting and a shh venue, but i thought it was good, I await the next performance invite,somewhen, when she thinks it will be better.smiley

went to an " escape room" for sons birthday, we managed to work out all the clues, but I think you need to do a couple to get the hang of it. although we were stuffed to the gills with sweet waffles and ice cream... a definate sugar overload. he had mates over on the day ..lovely to hear laughter and chat, I hid in my room, and read a book. (it was his 21st)laughcakebeer

mojo is still missing, its about somewhere...

dog has got her annual tummy problems, we really dont know what she is picked up from somewhere despite close supervision

Maria

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Popular Patchwork or Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Popular Patchwork & Patchwork & Quilting

Support Our Partners
The Cotton Patch
lewis and irene
Sewing Quarter
Janome
Sarik
C&T publishing
SewAndSo
Search Press
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues