By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Simple instrutions

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Ruth Carter-Hale19/08/2008 12:24:00
43 forum posts
23 photos
I bought a nice book Quilted bags by Ellen Kharde, it has some lovely bags in there but for some reson I just cant seem to comprhend the instructions, could anyone recomend a realy good quilt project sort of book that got good clear examples, thankyou ruth
Katy19/08/2008 13:10:00
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

Hi Ruth

What kind of book are you looking for? You mention "quilt projects", do you want a variety of quilt patterns, or maybe a sampler?Just trying to get a better idea of what you're after. I'm sure I'll be able to find some good instructions, when we narrow the choice down!

Katy 

Caz19/08/2008 17:32:00
2545 forum posts
273 photos

Hi Ruth,

I don't know what sort of book you're looking for, but my very first book that I got was brilliant. I made 'my first big one'  from it. The book is called 'LEARN TO QUILT' by Sharon Chambers. It's described as ' a beginner's guide with step-by-step techniques and 13 easy projects'.

Caz.

Ruth Carter-Hale21/08/2008 09:52:00
43 forum posts
23 photos
Hi thankyou Caz I will look up that book, the sort of book I am looking for is the sort that is not all bed spreads and wall hanging things like table runners , bags ( i love bags) just small projects for usefull thing  lthat would make nice gifts, have looked through some of my magazines and found a few things, am gratefull for any guidence
Caz21/08/2008 17:48:00
2545 forum posts
273 photos

Hi Ruth,

after reading the above message, I looked along my bookshelf of quilting books and found 'THE QUILTING AND PATCHWORK PROJECT BOOK' by Katherine Guerrier. 20 Simple Step-By-Step Projects, including oven gloves, pillows, crib/dolls quilt, shoulder bag and a quilt. It's quite an old book (1992) , and it's one I found in a charity shop.

Hope this helps.   Caz.

Katy21/08/2008 19:10:00
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

Ruth,

Katherine Guerrier has some lovely projects, such as this one

Country Thrift

I think that her book would be a good start, however.... 

Watch this space for a competition to win "The Impatient Patchworker" by Jayne Emerson. This book has lots of good gift projects, it has good instructions and lots of modern funky designs in quick easy projects.The competition will run next week, details to follow.

Katy

Ruth Carter-Hale22/08/2008 09:34:00
43 forum posts
23 photos

Thankyou both so much for your help, will look into these books today and eventually put some pics of what I make in the gallery

Ruth 

Ruth Carter-Hale25/08/2008 18:18:00
43 forum posts
23 photos
I couldnt wait for the comption and have got hold of the impaitient patchworker book it just what i wanted and I feel inspired again,thankyou again

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Support Our Partners
Janome
lewis and irene
Sewing Quarter
Crafting Live
The Cotton Patch
C&T publishing
Search Press
bredons
SewAndSo
Sarik
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues