IMPORTANT ANNOUCEMENT

Regarding British Patchwork & Quilting and the forum

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Beth Ashby17/06/2022 08:05:10
8 forum posts
4 articles

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

With great regret, we have decided to cease publication of British Patchwork & Quilting. The final issue, July 2022 will be arriving with digital subscribers today and with print subscribers over the next week and will include a letter with details of the closure. If you have any issues remaining on your subscription you will automatically receive a full refund for all unmailed copies shortly.

We know that many readers have been enjoying and making the Calendar Quilt series and sadly as this will be the last issue of the magazine, unfortunately we are unable to publish the remaining blocks in the series. We appreciate this is incredibly frustrating for those readers making the quilt and for that, we are truly sorry. You can perhaps, make a smaller quilt with the published patterns by placing them in a 3x5 arrangement alternately with plain squares, perhaps adding additional applique from the blocks to those squares to create a pleasing result.

Beth Ashby17/06/2022 08:05:20
8 forum posts
4 articles

We will be at this year’s Festival of Quilts, Stand B68 at the NEC in Birmingham where we are looking forward to seeing you. We’ll have back issues available for you to purchase and will be able to answer any further questions you may have.

With the closure of the magazine, comes the closure of the website, which unfortunately will include the forum and as of the 20th June will be taken offline.

Published since 1985, PQ has been a big part of a lot of our lives, and we hope that its legacy can continue through the back issues you read and the quilts that you continue to make.

Thank you for your support of British Patchwork & Quilting.

Eileen Foster19/06/2022 14:38:36
713 forum posts
363 photos

Is there any way we can rescue our photos?

this is such a disappointment as I liked the format of this magazine.

Margaret S19/06/2022 15:04:06
4045 forum posts
766 photos

The only way I could see was to individually copy each one and I have too many to do that. 3 days notice is rather short!

Well it has been fun for the last 12 years and I've learnt a lot. As I don't do social media I'll miss everybody but good luck in all you do.

Take care.

Margaret S

Eileen Foster19/06/2022 15:18:36
713 forum posts
363 photos

Yes quite a shock really. I have also made friends on here and like you I don't do social media either.

Eileen

x

Brenda in OZ20/06/2022 02:14:44
521 forum posts
167 photos
33 articles

Hello everyone,

So sad to hear that both the website and the magazine will be closing. As both a reader and conributor for more than 10 years I will miss it.

Good luck and happy stitching to all the friends I have made along the way'

Very best to everyone

Brenda In OZ

Winnie the B.O.L.B21/06/2022 17:51:26
3367 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Not very good at "internety" things but I wondered if anyone else had enough knowledge to set up another forum for the remaining members here to chat on? I don't mean to be morbid but Rosemary had so much to do with the Forum and put so much effort into it that I thought it might also be a nice tribute to her. Like many of you have commented, I'm not an overall social media fan/user but could we have a version of the current website or "something"??

Can anyone help?

Cheers

Winnie/Margaret

Cathy Turner NZ21/06/2022 21:55:27
1420 forum posts
155 photos

Very sad, but since Covid we haave lost lots of familiar things.

When I was active on here, I made a huge amount of friends, and was given and equally huge amount of support when it was needed.

I have managed to copy and save my photos, which I am grateful for - my house and contents burnt down 3 months ago and these are now the only photos I have of some of my work.

to those of you I "met" and those of you I have actually met on my journeys, I send a big hug.

Cathy

New Zealand

Winnie - maybe we could have a closed facebook page for those who wish to carry on chatting?

Sylvia24/06/2022 09:47:47
2222 forum posts
376 photos

Great idea Margaret, have you had any response?

I just checked and have your email address in my contacts but not sure who else I have.

Is there any way we could set up a WhatsApp group so we could occasionally keep in touch and post photos?

Obviously would be necessary to have everyone's mobile numbers .

Am going to send you an email Margaret to check it is still same address. Hope so. At least if some of us are in contact that way we can extend it.

Of course we could all have an email list group and "talk" that way.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ECT
Janome
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues

Shopping Partners