By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Show and Tell 2021

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Eileen Foster14/10/2021 14:27:21
669 forum posts
346 photos

That is so pretty Sylvia and very life like.

Glad you are back to face to face sewing activities, it males such a difference doesn't it.

stay safe and well.

Eileen x

rosemary Rosenfeld15/10/2021 17:31:09
5930 forum posts
1741 photos
13 articles

So realistic Sylvia! Rosemary x

Brenda in OZ16/10/2021 02:59:41
516 forum posts
167 photos
33 articles

That's so lovely Sylvia,

Hope you are all OK. We are still in very restricted lockdown. We have had the longest lockdown in the world...I am getting so fed up. I can't seem to get motivated to do anything. I did make some crib quilts for prem babies, they are still being born in spite of covid.

I'm not one to be easily depressed, I'm usually a very positive person. It's silly I know, but I need a hair cut. I think I will feel better when I can do that!

Sorry to complain, must pull myself together as my mother would have said.

Hope our PM does the right thing in Glasgow next month, they need to wake up to reality.

Brenda in OZ

rosemary Rosenfeld18/10/2021 09:59:53
5930 forum posts
1741 photos
13 articles

Hi Brenda...I think we have all had enough...I'm like you a bit...I'm not into making anything major...lots of "fiddling about " with little items...which I am enjoying but...! I felt a bit like this when my mum died...so I wonder if we are mourning for what we used to have!!

Stay safe and take care,Rosemary xx

Sylvia18/10/2021 17:45:07
2200 forum posts
371 photos

Hi Brenda

It's strange how things are so different in various parts of the world. I do feel for you.

Here in Mallorca, Spain, we went early into full lockdown for a little while and then a progressively slow easing of restrictions. Life seems to be almost back to normal now socially given that we have everything well spaced everywhere and that it is obligatory to wear a mask in shops and other indoor spaces unless one is actually eating and drinking and anywhere else where distance cannot be maintained.

Thankfully this together with our high level of vaccination means that we now have a pretty low level of infection. Let's hope it continues.

Brenda in OZ19/10/2021 00:54:56
516 forum posts
167 photos
33 articles

Friday is Freedom Day! We can get out of jail......not totally but I think we shall all feel better.

Rosemary, I think you're right about a state of mourning, we have lost such a lot in the past couple of years.

I did finish a UFO from 11 years ago. We did a Gloria Loughman workshop at out club and I never did get round to finishing it. Not my best piece of work, I think I chose the wrong colours to get the impact.

Thanks for your support and take care. Love to all

Brenda in OZ

gloria workshop.jpg

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Support Our Partners
ECT
Janome
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues

Shopping Partners