By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Returner to the forum and the hobby

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Tina Smith 215/05/2020 10:16:28
212 forum posts
10 photos

Hi everyone, I used to be an active member several years ago.

Through a combination of long term illness, and a house move, all of my patchwork and quilting stash has been packed away (for nearly five years!!), but yesterday I started unpacking it all as my elder daughter has moved out and I am to have her room as a hobby space.

I found my swap blocks (the intention being to make DD1 a quilt to take away to Uni, but she graduated last July, oops), and the beautiful heart squares that you all sent me when I first became ill. I actually got quite emotional.

So my intention is to slowly try to finish all my UFO's. I need to unpack my boxes of books too, my brain hasn't actually retained any information with regards to how to actually DO stuff . I had started hand quilting the swap blocks and now my brain says, erm, what next?

Hopefully I can now join in with the chatter at least, on a regular basis. I might also need to shout for help on projects if that's ok.

rosemary Rosenfeld15/05/2020 11:17:44
5841 forum posts
1710 photos
13 articles

Lovely to hear from you Tina....we're a bit quieter than we used to be...but plenty of help available...just ask!

Rosemary x

Tina Smith 215/05/2020 15:14:20
212 forum posts
10 photos

Thanks Rosemary

Margaret S16/05/2020 10:33:19
4004 forum posts
751 photos

Welcome back Tina. Take baby steps and you'll soon be back into the swing of things. As Rosemary says, if you need help, just ask.

Margaret

Eileen Foster19/05/2020 21:56:24
599 forum posts
329 photos

Hello Tina, I have only been on the site for about 2 years and been doing patchwork for 3 yrs. I have had lots of help from the members on this excellent site.

Eileen x

Sylvia21/05/2020 10:12:21
2150 forum posts
358 photos

Hi Tina, great to see you back. Hope you are well now.

Those of us on here are still a merry bunch and very helpful as Eileen says. Look forward to seeing your photos. I am not on here (or in my sewing room) as much as I could because I spend so much time in my vegetable patches!

Tina Smith 221/05/2020 10:18:56
212 forum posts
10 photos

Thanks for the lovely comments everyone! I'm still 'poorly' as it is a long term thing, but have worked out how to manage it a bit better.

I have unpacked lots of fabric and thought that was everything, then found another box yesterday, all quilting fabric!

I have been doing some very basic dressmaking to try and use up my stash of dressmaking fabric, and also started work on a Lynette Anderson BOM that I signed up to in 2013. The machien that I now have does applique, and whilst I prefer the look of hand stitches, I have accepted that if I want to get it finished, machine is the only way. I have finished block 2 in the past week and am now on block 3 (there are 6 plus the border).

We spent the weekend converting DD's old room into a dedicated craft room for me, so I can now leave things out instead of having to put them away after every session.

Irene Baldock07/06/2020 15:28:20
2 forum posts
5 photos

Hi Tina, Wonderful to see you again and that you are feeling better. I haven't been on the Forum for a very long time, 4/5 years, may be longer.

As Rosemary says, there is plenty of help should you need it. Just take one step at a time. I love Lynette Anderson's work and you sound as though you are enjoying continuing with the BOM. I look forward to seeing it when it's done.

Take care and keep safe xx

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ECT
The Cotton Patch
Janome
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues