By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Stay at home retreat....will you join me?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
rosemary Rosenfeld11/04/2020 17:43:38
5826 forum posts
1706 photos
13 articles

Good afternoon one and all.....my American penfriend (who lives in Florida) was really looking forward to her local groups quilt retreat....due to take place 23/24/25/26 April! Obviously that has been cancelled....so we have decided to hold our own stay at home event....we will each do our own thing...but share lots of photos etc.......and I thought.....

Would anyone here like to join in?

You don't need to do anything.....just post during those few days with pictures of what you've been up to!

Best Rosemary

Winnie the B.O.L.B11/04/2020 18:43:34
3345 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Great idea Rosemary - sadly, I am completely and utterly useless at posting photos - I really mean it - so I can't join in but I will log in to see what's happening with my more IT savvy friends!!

Margaret/Winnie

rosemary Rosenfeld11/04/2020 19:22:21
5826 forum posts
1706 photos
13 articles

You can always chat...without the photos! Rx

Margaret S11/04/2020 20:52:39
3995 forum posts
748 photos

Will try and pop in and out, Rosemary. Was meant to have a dental appointment on 23rd but we are self isolating and the dentist is closed for all but emergencies so I am free.

Could use the time to try out my new toys. I was watching for free on Blueprint, Angela Walters doing fmq with rulers. Now I've bought some of her rulers from Creative Grids. The beast, my Janome Horizon, has a convertible darning foot so I ordered a ruler fmq foot for it and it arrived today. Now I need to see if I can crack it.

Margaret

Eileen Foster11/04/2020 21:20:26
586 forum posts
328 photos

I will try and do that Rosemary, sounds fun. But the way things are it will probably be tidying up after steve got all the floor joists and floor boards back down. Having said that its 10 days away.....

I may even have my sewing room back up and running. we can but hope.

happy Easter

Eileen xx

Sylvia12/04/2020 16:35:39
2143 forum posts
358 photos

I have given myself a big note and will try and take part Rosemary.

Should I assume it is only sewing related things we should post?

rosemary Rosenfeld13/04/2020 08:11:01
5826 forum posts
1706 photos
13 articles

On this thread...yes.....but there is chat for others! Rosemary x

rosemary Rosenfeld20/04/2020 09:11:49
5826 forum posts
1706 photos
13 articles

Good morning everyone...well I have been preparing for the retreat.....pressing fabric and cutting fabric etc. My penfriend Janet and I are also sharing a couple of smaller items.....a crazy patchwork mug-rug, some little mice pin-cushions and a couple of embroideries.....if anyone would like more info about any of these.....just ask!

I have decided to make a Kimono quilt as my main project....do you remember that we swapped oriental fabrics ages ago...well mine are actually being used this week!! I'll try to find the thread and bring it to the top of the list!

Best Rosemary x

Eileen Foster20/04/2020 18:58:38
586 forum posts
328 photos

Hi Rosemary, i'd like the info for the little mice pincushions,.

we have managed to source paint so I suspect that will be decorating very soon. I will try and do this sew a long. I have a mystery quilt going with my local group and I still have to make Feb,March and April's blocks so I will do those too.

Eileen x

rosemary Rosenfeld20/04/2020 20:47:41
5826 forum posts
1706 photos
13 articles

I'll email it to you in the morning....the file is on my laptop not my phone!! Rx

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
The Cotton Patch
ECT
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues