By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

UFOs completed in time of "plague"(sorry I couldn't think of a better word!)

Now is a good opportunity to complete all those projects!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Margaret S16/04/2020 11:56:58
3995 forum posts
748 photos

Last year I was given a bag of blocks, some single and some joined in rows. I was asked if I would make them into a quilt and give it to charity. I said that I would on the understanding that they would be assembled as I saw fit. It was very liberating to join them whilst adding a few extra blocks and some fillers. However, I have hated doing the quilting and it has taken me ages to get the will to complete it. Love the finished quilt though. The backing fabric is from my stash.

Margaret

Charity Quilt NOT ALL MY WORK

rosemary Rosenfeld16/04/2020 14:02:26
5826 forum posts
1706 photos
13 articles

What a bright cheery quilt Margaret! R xx

stephs stitches.16/04/2020 19:24:35
170 forum posts
107 photos

What a lovely quilt, I’m trying to choose my favourite block but they’re all super. Beautiful warm colours too. I hope it raises lots of money for the charity 👏🏻

Eileen Foster16/04/2020 19:30:28
586 forum posts
328 photos

love it, someone is going to get a beautiful quilt.

I still cant get in my sewing room! Eileenx

Margaret S14/05/2020 09:52:32
3995 forum posts
748 photos

Last year I was given a Stack & Whack Kaleidoscope top to make into a quilt for a women's refuge. It was very big and very dark turquoise, so I unpicked it into 3 pieces.

The first quilt is the centre block with border fabric from my stash and navy quilting to tone the turquoise down. The centre block had a big bulge where the bias seams met at the centre. I used the old trick of spray starch and an iron to shrink it back to size.

The second quilt uses 9 of the border blocks. I have made a placement error on this one, but it had already given me grief so I used the 'just get it done' principle!

Have 3 blocks left to make a final quilt.

Margaret

Reenie14/05/2020 11:13:31
1049 forum posts
152 photos

Margaret, you have been in a spin! Well done - they look great!

Best wishes

Reenie

Eileen Foster14/05/2020 19:49:37
586 forum posts
328 photos

They look lovely, but how is there a placement error. I cant see one. they are beautiful.

the refuge will be very grateful to receive them.

Eileen x

Margaret S15/05/2020 09:35:35
3995 forum posts
748 photos

Thank you Eileen. That is in part why I left it.

I hadn't realised that the blocks have either a clockwise or anti clockwise rotation. Look at the bottom row and I have 2 clockwise blocks next to each other. Mind you if I'd got that row right I would have had to move it to the top!

Margaret

rosemary Rosenfeld15/05/2020 11:22:03
5826 forum posts
1706 photos
13 articles

I had looked really closely...and I hadn't spotted it...! Rx

Sylvia21/05/2020 10:08:29
2143 forum posts
358 photos

Wow Margaret you are going great guns. They are all beautiful. I did a stack and whack many years ago, fun technique. Absolutely love the colourful "blocks " one, wow some lucky person, hope they fully appreciate it, particularly the quilting effort.

I get up here in my sewing room now and then but as the weather has now become wonderful it's hard not to be outside in garden.

We are still staying mostly at home although as now in phase 1 we are allowed to eat at outside restaurant with proper distancing so we went to favourite place with large garden last week. So nice to have a meal cooked for me.

Hopefully we will have phase 2 as of Monday which should mean we are allowed to swim in the sea, but only 30% usage of beach. This should not be a problem because there are no tourists at present. Bad for the economy and them but not so much for we who live here.

Have to say I think the Spanish government have handled this whole thing very well.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
The Cotton Patch
ECT
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues