By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

UFOs completed in time of "plague"(sorry I couldn't think of a better word!)

Now is a good opportunity to complete all those projects!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
rosemary Rosenfeld18/03/2020 12:32:53
5841 forum posts
1710 photos
13 articles

Come on all....who will complete the most..not just quilts but any fabric related item! Post a picture here and I will see if I can find a prize...say by the end of June?

Stay safe! Love Rosemary xx

Margaret S18/03/2020 13:43:13
4004 forum posts
751 photos

Well I have made this very quick charity cot quilt. I tweek the original pattern, which used squares, and used some of the PP swap 4 patches from yonks ago. I found a very bland printed cot quilt top in my stash and used it on the back.

Charity Cot Quilt

Back of Charity Cot Quilt

I have added 7 blocks to the remaining 4 patches and I am working on quilt no.2. They really are quick!

Margaret

Eileen Foster18/03/2020 15:34:35
599 forum posts
329 photos

That is beautiful Margaret.

A good idea Rosemary. I'm battling on with the white on white quilt for my friend. I have started joining 2 of the 4 sections together. But I keep pricking my self and have to stop as I don't want blood on it! Eileen x

Sylvia19/03/2020 09:59:31
2150 forum posts
358 photos

Good idea Rosemary. I am trying to do some sewing every day.

Feel for you Eileen. When my stepson married his wife to be asked that the wedding quilt I offered should be all white. It was an interesting exercise. Will see if I can find a photo in my folders here and post.

Sylvia19/03/2020 10:03:05
2150 forum posts
358 photos

This is it Eileen. I used every type of white I could, lots NOT cotton. Had to have separate sides cos they have an iron bed with posts.All White she said

Brenda in OZ21/03/2020 00:53:31
502 forum posts
161 photos
33 articles

Margaret & Sylvia, your quilts are lovely. I have great admiration for those who make a white quilt. It's a great achievement.

Not doing much at the moment. I eventually finished my Kaffe Fasset quilt and the picture is still on the camera card waiting to be processed.

Hope you are all surviving lock down. I expect the birth rate will explode around Christmas.

So glad we didn't book a UK holiday for this year. Maybe things will be back to normal next year. 2020 has not been good so far, I hope it doesn't get any worse.

Our quilt group is planning a challenge via our web-site. Don't know how that will go but it's worth a try.

Stay safe and carry on stitching.

Brenda in OZ

Eileen Foster21/03/2020 21:07:29
599 forum posts
329 photos

thanks for showing your white quilts. I've posted photos of progress so far.

Our group is also doing a website based one now. its a mystery quilt too. Looking forward to finishing it.

Eileen

Margaret S24/03/2020 10:27:29
4004 forum posts
751 photos

Charity Cot Quilt #2, using the last of the PP swap 4 patches. Didn't enjoy this as much as the first one. With the final cuts you have no controĺ on the final block placements.

Charity Cot Quilt #2

Back of quilt using 'why did I buy this?' fabric, which has been in my stash for ages.

Back of Charity Cot Quilt #2

Have found 61 Hug Hearts in UFO pile!

Margaret

Eileen Foster25/03/2020 16:40:03
599 forum posts
329 photos

I am so glad I am not the only one who has 'why did I buy that' fabrics too.

The designs work well though Margaret, very pretty.

Eileen

x

Sylvia26/03/2020 10:44:54
2150 forum posts
358 photos

It's great Margaret and I actually love that backing.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ECT
The Cotton Patch
Janome
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues