By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Dawn's next quilt

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Eileen Foster18/02/2020 17:57:46
528 forum posts
298 photos

Towards the end of last year Dawn asked me to make her a blue and white star quilt which I did. She was very happy and has asked me to make her another one. This time she wanted something more contemporary using 'white on white' to measure 80"x80".

The sixty four 10 1/2 " block is made up of a 101/2"x 51/2" rectangle joined to a strip that is made up of a 21/2"x51/2" added to 51/2" square and finished off with a 31/2"x 51/2" rectangle.

p1100192.jpg

Then 4 blocks are joined together to make a 20 1/2" block.

p1100193.jpg

I will join 4 of these to make a row, which will be quilted and when all 4 rows are done I will sew them together as a quilt as you go.

I am waiting for the leached wadding to turn up so I can get on with the project.

regards

Eileen

Eileen Foster21/03/2020 21:04:33
528 forum posts
298 photos

I started using the bleached cotton wadding but it doesn't have shed lint and the cough without a temperature I hope is down to that. needless to say I am not going out!

I am doing straight lines around the shapes as the quilting pattern. All 4 2ft wide x 8ft long sections are now joined into 2 sections. I need to do the quilting across these seams but as the weather is nice I am gardening.

first photo is the top of one section and the second is the reverse of 2 sections joined together.

p1100427.jpg

p1100429.jpg

I am struggling to enjoy this project. Eileen x

Sylvia23/03/2020 09:47:52
2113 forum posts
347 photos

it's going to be lovely Eileen. Poco poco (a little at a time) is what I am doing with my projects at present. Garden beckons me continually.

Margaret S24/03/2020 07:41:37
3949 forum posts
719 photos

Looking forward to seeing this one, Eileen. Unless you have a tight deadline, if you are not enjoying it then sometimes it is better to leave it for a while. Good luck.

Margaret

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Crafting Live
The Cotton Patch
Janome
ECT
lewis and irene
SewAndSo
Search Press
bredons
C&T publishing
Sarik
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues