Wonder

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Katy14/07/2008 13:39:00
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

Babs

You read my mind (or my what-I-want-to-buy-list at least!) My friend has one of these, and I'm very keen on getting one. I have heard that cats sometimes like hitching a ride on them, so watch out for that - and send a picture if it happens!

Katy 

Priscilla15/07/2008 21:14:00
95 forum posts
14 photos

Katy.........................does it pick up stray cottons? ...................Pris

Katy16/07/2008 07:36:00
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

Hi Pris, I don't know, I haven't had a go yet, I just want one! This one belongs to Babs, so maybe she can enlighten us!

Katy 

Babs16/07/2008 09:58:00
385 forum posts
74 photos
9 articles
Hi Priscilla, It picks up everything - up to now. A little marvel. Take yesterday for example - set 'sputnik' loose in the hall with doors open to kitchen and sitting room whilst I worked on a quilt in the conservatory. Forgot all about it until I needed the bathroom(!) Floors look much cleaner and fresher than with old vac. Must admit I was very sceptical when first seeing it in action at my brother's house as it seemed to go all over the place without rhyme or reason. However, that's the whole point, it does go everywhere - has little brushes that peek out from the sides to reach edges and corners - takes about 20 - 25 mins per room. You'll be amazed at the amount of stuff it picks up. I was ashamed the first time I emptied it. Press 'dock' on the top and it returns by itself to the dock for recharging. Good for people with asthma and/or allergies. Goes under bed by itself! We (older ones) remember the time when twin-tub and wringer washers were standard and were equally suspicious of the new automatic machines. Costs 140 at Cosco - cheaper than elsewhere. Perhaps I should give up quilting and get a job selling vacs!
Babs16/07/2008 09:59:00
385 forum posts
74 photos
9 articles
i
Priscilla16/07/2008 16:13:00
95 forum posts
14 photos

Hi Babs,

You certainly could .........specially as you pointed out (older ones!) and me being only a chick perhaps !

I had better not admit to being probably equal if not further on than you in this mystery of life !

Trouble is I have so much I wish to make, I have not time for housework and I think that little devil may even let hubby off the hook (may stop the nagging of cottons on the floor).

Kimberly20/08/2008 06:15:00
1145 forum posts
165 photos
1 articles

Well, isn't that nifty?! The cat's kinda cute too!

Kimberly

Jenny B25/08/2008 17:55:00
80 forum posts
65 photos
Is it availablein England If so where, I only had an automatic washing machine6 years go when my twintub packed up beyond repair I was so amazed at how easy it was I vowed never to get behind the times again
Ruth Carter-Hale25/08/2008 18:28:00
43 forum posts
23 photos
brillaint but I just bought a dyson,still it going on the list of must haves, maybe we should start a gallery of cats 'helping' us quilt, I will post some pics soon and show you what I mean!
Kimberly25/08/2008 19:53:00
1145 forum posts
165 photos
1 articles

Yea! What is it with Cats and Quilts? I feel like putting a label on my quilts saying, "Cat tested... Abbey approved" It's a good thing my family aren't allergic to cat dander or I'd have made all these quilts for nothing.

Jenny B, don't feel badly. We finally just got a cordless phone at home. I told my daughter we were finally in the 20th century. She reminded me it's the 21st. I reiteriated my statement for the 20th.

Hope everyone had a good holiday.

Cheers,

Kimberly

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sewing Quarter
lewis and irene
Janome
The Cotton Patch
Crafting Live
Sarik
SewAndSo
bredons
C&T publishing
Search Press
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues