By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Temperature Quilts

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Margaret S29/12/2019 10:51:57
4002 forum posts
750 photos

Has anyone made a Temperature Quilt? The basic idea is to record the highest and lowest temperatures for each day of the year, (366 days (blocks) in 2020).

I read about it in February last year, so too late to start for 2019. Thinking of trying to make one in 2020, but need to get thinking cap on and graph paper out.

Margaret

Eileen Foster29/12/2019 12:08:33
593 forum posts
329 photos

i have a book of a block a day so there are 365 in that. and not all blocks are there. what size blocks? 4,5,6 inch blocks. I guess it will depend on how big you want the final quilt. or will it be double sided?

but I wonder how you incorporate the temp. do you use 'cool' colours for say less than 15c and hotter colours for 15c plus.

or do you embroider the temp on say an Irish chain block that has colour variations.

does this make sense?

or do you get the temperature profile for 2019 and make it for last year's temp. then at least you have the record. Are you doing it for your home county or the uk as a whole?

or do y

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
The Cotton Patch
Janome
ECT
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues