By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

A sewing machine for a total beginner?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Mary Smith 316/09/2019 22:47:32
2 forum posts

Hello! Please give advice on which sewing machine to choose. I have already reviewed many different models here, so consider two:

1. Janome 2212

2. Brother CS6000i

I choose a sewing machine so that there is an optimal price-quality ratio.

May be some other options? Which machine can you advise based on your own experience?

rosemary Rosenfeld18/09/2019 14:49:08
5703 forum posts
1661 photos
13 articles

Firstly...what do want to do? Fancy machines are great..but only if you are going to use all the facilities! Are you only using it at home? Will you have to move/carry it? Weight comes into it in that case! Rosemary x

Margaret S19/09/2019 15:30:10
3917 forum posts
705 photos

For a complete beginner, I would suggest finding a shop near you, rather than buying on the internet, so that you can try the machines and then can get there easily if you need extra help or have problems.

I don't have any experience of either of the machines that you mention so I can't advise you there.

Margaret

maria hewitt19/09/2019 18:57:58
968 forum posts
183 photos

I have an old new home machine, was my mum's, must be over 15years.have no problems, taken over by janome. Newer models don't seem much different, but it was a quite expensive one. (not worth replacing) hope I haven't jinxed it. 😀Maria.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
The Cotton Patch
Sewing Quarter
Crafting Live
lewis and irene
SewAndSo
Search Press
bredons
C&T publishing
Sarik
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues