By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Oh to be able to use colour

A new quilt

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Eileen Foster28/06/2019 20:16:06
490 forum posts
282 photos

this is the panel that goes on the back of the central panel with the churn dash on point.

back central portion.jpg

I have almost got the other panels sorted. There ia a small splash of pink in those too but not a lot.

Eileen

x

rosemary Rosenfeld28/06/2019 20:56:39
5703 forum posts
1661 photos
13 articles

I now see what you mean about colour on the back! Rx

Eileen Foster29/06/2019 21:14:57
490 forum posts
282 photos

I have got all 5 pieces of the backing done and laid out. I was at the village hall where we go for our quilt group. Every couple of months we book it so we can use large tables and share ideas and have a really good natter.

back of quilt pieces.jpg

Too warm to do any quilting, though I have sandwiched the side panels.

Eileen x

Margaret S03/07/2019 15:36:23
3917 forum posts
705 photos

Eileen, love the top. It reminds me of floor tiles. Love the scrappy back too. Coming on well.

Margaret

Eileen Foster10/07/2019 18:18:01
490 forum posts
282 photos

I am half way done with the quilting. just got to do the middle section then any additional stuff on the broders once its all joined together. But it is so hot today that I am only in my sewing room in the morning. the sun starts to shine in by 1pm and it is just too hot. not much rain either.

Margaret S11/07/2019 08:44:04
3917 forum posts
705 photos

Eileen, I was thinking of you last night. I took some african fabric scraps to my quilt group's final meeting. A friend's daughter has requested an African style quilt as a wedding present and fabric was being collected for it. Now all changed - daughter says African means grey, yellow and cream with grey elephants!

Margaret

Eileen Foster12/07/2019 08:54:15
490 forum posts
282 photos

well that's a different interpretation of African isn't it. the colours will work well together though.

I finished the quilting and started putting the panels together.

all that was done and I had sewn the backing along so it was looking finished. However then I noticed I had a 4 " crease where I have caught the fabric in on itself. so its unpick the hand sewing the wadding and the top panels and start that again.

The reason I missed it? I didn't press the front just finger pressed the seams but with the wadding in the way I just didn't notice. I must not take shortcuts in the future.

Really really cross with my self. angry

Eileen x

rosemary Rosenfeld12/07/2019 11:28:32
5703 forum posts
1661 photos
13 articles

We all do it Eileen......but is a pain when it happens!,Rx

Eileen Foster12/07/2019 22:12:55
490 forum posts
282 photos

Its all corrected now. need to add extra quilting in the 'borders' and then the binding. I am hoping to use one of my stencils. I hope I have a cat one.

Elizabeth [the eldest daughter who is going to be the owner of the quilt ] has just taken possession of a 3rd cat. this one was so ugly it hasn't been adopted from the RSPCA. it was rescued in September and still wasn't rehomed until last Sunday. So I think cats will be rather nice to do.

Eileen

x

Eileen Foster13/07/2019 19:55:35
490 forum posts
282 photos

I have just sewn on 28ft of binding and now it needs slip stitching in place. That will be a job for tomorrow as it is 8pm and I have had enough for today.

eileen

x

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
lewis and irene
Sewing Quarter
Janome
Crafting Live
The Cotton Patch
C&T publishing
SewAndSo
bredons
Search Press
Sarik
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues