By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Oh to be able to use colour

A new quilt

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Eileen Foster29/05/2019 16:16:49
441 forum posts
249 photos

My eldest girl would like me to make her a double bed quilt to use in the summer instead of the duvet.

Of course I said yes." What colours would you like?"

Answer : "black, greys and browns please."

sad

Why don't my girls like colour??? Am I the only one who has daughters that are into the 'dark side'?

Edited By Eileen Foster on 29/05/2019 16:17:52

Margaret S29/05/2019 17:08:43
3882 forum posts
687 photos

I love black and grey, though not so keen on brown. There are many shades of all 3 colours. Black can be almost blue or green. Grey can have a pinkish shade. Brown can be on the orange/red side. Oakshott fabrics have a wonderful shot effect. Of course, I am talking plains, but you can cheat with patterned fabric too!

I'm sure what ever you choose will be wonderful.

(I am working on a very old UFO and I'm not sure if I really like it, because it is not very bright!!!)

Margaret

Eileen Foster11/06/2019 15:18:25
441 forum posts
249 photos

She has said I can have bright pink on the backing surprise

I think I will do a scrappy back so the quilt can be reversible. She will get pink on the back and if she doesn't like it then tough laugh

so far so good I have found some nice caramel oakshot fabrics to brighten up the greys and blacks.

Eileen x

Eileen Foster11/06/2019 17:52:37
441 forum posts
249 photos

This is the centre panel' it is 16 6.5" churn dash blocks joined together. The dark grey that looks blue-ish is spare fabric from her sister's quilt. well waste not want not.

16 churndash.jpg

Plan to place them 'on point'

churn dash on point.jpg

This will have a triple layer border with a chequer board corner stone. this is some placed but not stitched yet.

placed sashing.jpg

Brenda in OZ12/06/2019 00:30:41
479 forum posts
155 photos
33 articles

This is coming together well Eileen. I like your choice of fabrics.

I'll look forward to progress reports.

Just cut the fabric for a large Kaffe Fasset quilt. So many bright colours you don't need a complex design. Use the KISS formula (Keep It Simple Stupid).

Brenda in OZ!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
The Cotton Patch
Sewing Quarter
lewis and irene
Crafting Live
Janome
Sarik
bredons
SewAndSo
C&T publishing
Search Press
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues