By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

searching for fabric

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Eileen Foster04/05/2019 21:32:38
462 forum posts
264 photos

I have been asked to make a wedding present by a friend. The centre is to be a coat of arms with a gold/gilt lion. Does any one know of a supplier of this fabric or am I better using a golden coloured fabric and using gold thread to highlight features. the lion is about 5" tall.

Also I have seen a fabric in a book that has 2 [wedding] rings intertwined and this would be ideal for the wedding ring blocks that I am considering for the runner.

thanks in advance

Eileen xx

rosemary Rosenfeld05/05/2019 09:31:28
5636 forum posts
1548 photos
13 articles

Sounds interesting and challenging Eileen.......Fabric Freedom do a glitter range of fabrics......and I'm sure there are a lot of gold on Christmas ones....but I don't know about lions though! It is possible to print your own images...which could be embellished...either with gold paint or thread.....

I'll keep my eyes open for you....what is the time scale you're working to?

Best Rosemary

Eileen Foster05/05/2019 12:52:33
462 forum posts
264 photos

sorry I didn't make my self clear , I am appliqueing the lion, initials, banner with embroidered motto. So that's why I was after the fabric to make the lion.

the wedding is mid June so I have a few weeks yet. The background is beige and I have plenty of blues and beiges to make the wedding ring blocks for either end. That is the colour scheme my friend wants for them.

I know the fabrics you mean so I will have a better look at them. Thanks for the help Rosemary.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sewing Quarter
The Cotton Patch
Crafting Live
Janome
lewis and irene
Search Press
bredons
Sarik
SewAndSo
C&T publishing
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues